SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Narvick on Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Narvick on Netflix Login/Join 
posted
Currently listed as the number 1 movie on Netflix.
Narvik is a Norwegian war epic that takes place during the German occupation — and subsequent Norwegian recapture— of the titular town which served as the source of iron ore for Hitler's war machinery. I thought it was very well done. I recommend it highly.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We enjoyed it, these Nazi occupation/ resistance flicks have been good.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty good flick. The Norwegians were using the Krag Jorgensen.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Agreed, one of the better WW2 films released lately.

The battle scenes were well done, with some lesser known WW2 small arms showcased in use, like the Norwegian Krag–Jørgensen rifles and Kongsberg 1911 pistols, French MAS-36 rifles and FM 24/29 LMGs, and even a scene with a Norwegian Madsen LMG captured and repurposed by the Germans in a bunker.

I only noticed a few very minor gun quibbles, like one or two Norwegian soldier extras in the background with a SMLE (probably due to the propmaster not being able to source quite enough Krags) and a scene where an officer fires a warning shot from his 1911 but the hammer remains down for the entirety of the scene.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
On my list

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Added to my list. Thanks for the heads up!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post