SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Sniper Elite 4 on Xbox game pass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sniper Elite 4 on Xbox game pass Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Not sure how old this game is. Just signed up for game pass and thought I'd give it a try. Holy shit what a fun game!

If you're looking for Call of Duty style action, this ain't it. If you try and run out like Rambo, well you're gonna have a bad time. Total open world exploration, sniping away, kill cams, etc. I was just going to check it out for a few minutes then watch tv, next thing I know 3 hours is gone.

Timing shots with background noise, while they try and triangulate your position, stealth kills, etc. Shooting a Nazi through the eye at 100 yards is damn fun.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
All the Sniper elite games are a blast. 4 is AMAZINGLY fun and replayable as all get out.

The traps are fun.

The nut shots are pretty awesome.

Tagging a grenade on the middle guy of a group satisfying.

Try playing the waves of enemies sections. The DLC is also quite good.

This is a catharsis game for me. Smile

I will give you a hint if you play the waves of enemies type games. If there is a vehicle take out it’s mobility and gunner but leave the driver alive for last. This gives you time to scavenge/resupply instead of the countdown timer. When you are ready to go take out the driver.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am totally new to this series, I havent even played with traps at all yet. Just having a blast sniping. I need to start some more involved tactics

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
No hijack intended, I have just begun replaying the Rainbow 6 Vegas games. Mindless fun, and always a laugh to throw your team out as the sacrificial lambs and let them do the heavy lifting!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I am totally new to this series, I havent even played with traps at all yet. Just having a blast sniping. I need to start some more involved tactics

The game is a little bit like a playground. Shoot a gas tank, set traps on avenues the enemy will come and bait them. Do some LONG range stuff.

The best thing about 4 was it added the slow mo to the traps and they are just sooo much fun.

Taking a squad out in a truck heading your way by blowing the truck is great too.

It’s just a fun replayable game.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Love this game. My buddy and I have been doing co-op with it for years. Satisfying!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1771 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I just completed it and started the DLC. Some of the DLC achievements are funny, shoot Hitler in the nuts, drop the statue on him, drop a submarine on him, drop a toredo rack on him, etc.

The multiplayer is fun, some fairly fun tense filled sniper vs sniper matches. I need to play some overwatch but there arent a lot of matches anymore.

I wish I would have found this series a long time ago. Have a bunch of gold weapons now.

The Karabiner 98 fully upgraded is a an awesome rifle, but I am starting to use the suppressed Delisle more

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
This sounds like my kinda game. I used to have so much fun playing the early Battlefields sniping people as they were taking off in planes and helos. Yeah, I was that douche. Wink

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
This sounds like my kinda game. I used to have so much fun playing the early Battlefields sniping people as they were taking off in planes and helos. Yeah, I was that douche. Wink

Keep in mind the sniper elites are radically different from Battlefield/COD etc. they are third person and far more methodical/slower paced etc.