SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Unbranded - Documentary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unbranded - Documentary Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Watched a really good documentary this afternoon about several kids fresh out of college who train wild mustangs and then take them on a trip from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. The filmmaker goes along and documents the whole trip.

Some drama, some comedy, some excellent scenery, and a neat story about these kids who completed the journey. It's something they can always look back on and say, I did that. I was actually rather jealous watching them. I'd love to be able to do the same thing.

Of course, there's a little horse-hugging politics involved, but they do a decent job of presenting both sides of the wild horse issue.

I recommend it.

I watched it on Amazon Prime but it looks like the whole thing is on Youtube as well.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It is a pretty good documentary, they rode the the Divide from Arizona to Montana. I met them prior to filming in Jackson in the Supervisor’s Office to discuss their permit, then later, when they came through. You’ll see them passing through the Teton Wilderness, on my district, and particularly up around Hawk’s Rest, near the Thorofare in the Wilderness. I had forgotten about this; appreciate the heads-up.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Had a chance to watch this tonight. Hope some of you take the opportunity to also tune in. It really is entertaining, and the education it imparts on the wild horse and burro program in the West is enlightening. I actually get a film credit at the end of this Cool

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post