SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Heart...Crazy On You...Live
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heart...Crazy On You...Live Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Nancy Wilson's lead in on guitar is second to none in this video Smile...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/qVcl0Iw3fs8

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 70s were the worst.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
The 70s were the worst.

I'll take the bait.

That's a bold fuckin' statement.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this might be an example. George is still going strong!

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Nancy. . . . Very likely my first crush as a Kid. I just could not get enough of Heart. And Nancy was always my favorite. I had never seen this, so thanks for sharing.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Nancy plays so hard she literally destroys guitar strings. Amazing.

Posts: 11865 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
At about 2:20, after the intro and vamping, Nancy flicks off the thumbpick, grabs a flatpick, winds up and unleashes. That my friends is a true rock and roll moment.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 721 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 70s were the worst.

What?!!

You're discounting CCR, Jefferson Airplane, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Hendricks, Neil Diamond, Santana, Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd, etc, etc, etc as the worst?

Apparently you weren't alive during those days.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
The 70s were the worst.

What?!!

You're discounting CCR, Jefferson Airplane, The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Hendricks, Neil Diamond, Santana, Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd, etc, etc, etc as the worst?

Jim

I can sympathize somewhat. Growing up in the 80's I was raised that everything 70's was bad. It was not until I was exposed to 'unlimited' music services that I started experimenting. But it was CCR that really opened my eyes. Then I started to discover things like my beloved Heart were actually making their best stuff in the 70's.
Now I just love it all. Good music is good no matter when it was made.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3592 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
The 70s were the worst.

What?!!

Jim

I'm a big music fan of all types, but in particular pop/rock music. I love all of the decades, 50s through the 90s; hell, I even like some stuff in the 2000s Razz

But IMO, the 70s had it all., a watershed decade for popular music. Think about it- The Stones were at their peak with Mick Taylor and albums Let it Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main Street. Same with the Who, releasing Who's Next and Quadrophenia. Blood on the Tracks, perhaps Dylan's last great album. The 70s was David Bowie's decade, same with Elton John, Rod Stewart, Queen, Roxy Music, Alice Cooper, Bob Marley. Prog rock with Yes, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Genesis, etc. American "Arena" rock with Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Boston, Journey, Cheap Trick, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. Black soul music with The Ojays, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Al Green, Earth Wind & Fire, etc. California rock with The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell, Warren Zevon. Punk rock with The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash, Talking Heads, Television, Blondie. And many more.

And of course Led Zeppelin.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
I met them (Heart) once. When I was in High School (mid 80'S) I ditched school one day and flew down to Jacksonville with the sales and service guys at the company my mom worked for. While the company pilot and I were waiting for them to get back, Heart's plane was on the tarmac after a concert the night before. I walked out and met the whole band and got autographs. At some point over the years, I lost the autographs though.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post