SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The funniest episode of a great TV series: Barney Miller - "Hash"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The funniest episode of a great TV series: Barney Miller - "Hash" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Jack Soo was a very funny man. "Anybody seen my legs?"

Season 3, episode 11, originally aired December 30, 1976

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite shows. This episode is classic.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8526 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I read once that west coast cops watching the show thought it was just comedy fiction, while east coast cops would watch an episode and say “Oh, yeah, that was just Tuesday.”

Posts: 12179 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Mooshie mooshie.

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Mooshie mooshie.

Fun fact: That's how you say, "Hello" on the telephone in Japanese.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I never made the connection until late that Shepherd Book in Firefly was Ron Glass from Barney Miller. BM was a few yrs before my tv viewing. And I'm horrible w/ names.

But, I've seen the clips of that episode. It was good to watch the whole thing.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got the complete series on DVD. I need to open it and watch. That was a brilliant show.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Maybe we could use a lot of new tv shows like Barney Miller and those simular of the time period. ........ drill sgt.

Posts: 2005 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Such a great show from back when comedy was comedy.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, but that ship has sailed.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Maybe we could use a lot of new tv shows like Barney Miller and those simular of the time period. ........ drill sgt.

How about the Latka's Coca Cookies episode of Taxi...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16334 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
It's fun to watch on TV but I had a friend who did that to the board of directors of a membership organization I belong to and it did not go well. Most of the folks on the board had never done pot in any form and freaked out ... several ended up going to emergency.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite shows and episode. That and Taxi when Rev. Jim took his driving test are two of the funniest of all time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fiasconva,

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
IMDB dates that one to December 30, 1976 so I was 8 at the time. Cops taking dope was probably hilarious to me. Great episode.

Dad watched that show religiously. Listening to the theme sparked some good memories.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Fish- “First time in 20 years I felt *really* good and it has to be illegal!“

I remember laughing about Wojo and Fish jumping across rooftops to catch a perp.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15565 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Hey, Barn, if I can’t drive a car, I better not drive a bus.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Loved it. Big Grin The show was mostly just mildly amusing to me, but that one was a real standout. Here's another one I liked, the one with the guy who thought he was a werewolf.

Watch and see how Barney gets him to calm down. Big Grin

When Jack Soo died, they made a special episode with clips of his best moments, ending with a sendoff by the cast.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
one of the few shows that was actually funny back in the day, and a great soundtrack (opening was some damn good jazz)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a great show. My grandpa loved so I always tried to be around their place when it was on so I could watch it with him. He looked just like Abe Vigoda so all us kids called him Fish from that time on until he passed. Great memories, all the shows from that time period were good. Saddened to hear Cindy Williams passed today.

Posts: 454 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the best shows ever, I have it on dvd. I think the show got better when they introduced Dietrich and Fish left. I got tired of all the humor based on “old Fish” and his ailments. He was supposed to be 62 not 92.

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post