SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Good Will Hunting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Will Hunting Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I watched the movie this afternoon; it had been quite awhile. Robin Williams was awarded as Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the movie. Matt Damon was pretty damn good too. My wife dislikes Damon (and I guess Affleck) enough that she wouldn’t watch with me. I think that’s a mistake. It’s a great movie.

Most people immediately think of the bar scene. After rewatching the movie, this is the scene I’d like to share.

Free on Prime

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
It was very good and watching this clip reminds me that I need to see it again.

RIP Robin Williams.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think regardless of how one feels about either Damon or Affleck, this movie is absolutely worth the watch. It's lightning in a bottle. Robin Williams and Minnie also were fantastic in this film. I think without either of them, it maybe wouldn't fall apart, but it surely wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"Skyrockets in flight..."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16362 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife dislikes Damon (and I guess Affleck) enough that she wouldn’t watch with me.

It's not her fault.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
My wife dislikes Damon (and I guess Affleck) enough that she wouldn’t watch with me.

It's not her fault.

Wait! Did you?… Big Grin

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
TMats

I’ve never seen the movie, but I’ve seen plenty of clips. Never that one.

Thank you for sharing, I’m going to put this on my list of movies to watch this week.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
I really like the film. Honestly, in some ways, I think it is the pinnacle of their work together…when they were still unpretentious and earnest in what they were creating.

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3098 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

It's Louie so NSFW for language. The GWH stuff starts around 2 minutes in but the bits before it are pretty funny too.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Mrs and I watched it again last night. Outstanding. I really miss Robin Williams. He was truly special.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brilliant movie, one of my favorites. Robin Williams is truly spectacular... not just in this movie but in all the roles he's played. It's almost as if he's not acting and simply showing us different aspects of his personal character.

Posts: 815 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I've always said Robin Williams was one of the most versatile actors I'd ever seen. I also put Tom Hanks right up there.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38685 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I always thought Robin Williams was someone who considered himself a comedic actor. I had obviously never met the man and have no insight into how he saw himself as an actor, but in my mind he was always a comedy actor first and foremost.

With that said, it always seemed curious that most of my favorite films of Mr. Williams, were where he played a non comedic role. Williams was pitch perfect in Good Will Hunting, an irrevocably sad and damaged therapist who paradoxically understands how to improve his patients mental health. I don’t think anyone else could radiate the vulnerability, strength and resolve of Sean Maguire like he did.

Posts: 3151 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well said, divil

posted Hide Post
Watched it last night, tks to this thread. I’d never watched it in its entirety. Damn good movie.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puckpilot78:

It's Louie so NSFW for language. The GWH stuff starts around 2 minutes in but the bits before it are pretty funny too.

That dude can go jerk off.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8767 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I see what you did there. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching it for the first time, thanks to this thread. Great film! Thank you TMats.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
A truly great film with epic performances.

I just love the idea of two kids from Boston writing a screenplay, getting it made by a major studio and winning an Academy Award. It just makes you think that anything is possible in America.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks TMats... I had kind of forgotten how good an actor Robin Williams was... too easy to just remember his comedy....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post