Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEAL Team Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else watching the premier episode?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any good? I considered it, but am SEAL'd out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Yea, found it, saw the head shot of the suicide bomber vest guy....moved on...

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Any good? I considered it, but am SEAL'd out.

Ha, me too. SEAL this, SEAL that.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not great, but pretty good. I'm in for now.

"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Not great, but pretty good. I'm in for now.

Me to.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
Watched it. Not really impressed. Looks like they may ruin it like The Unit by injecting the "wives" story lines.

Plus I'm kind of SEAL'ed out for anything that is not exceptional.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm not the only one SEALd out. I even let my subscription to Phone Navy SEAL of the Week lapse (I may rejoin at a later date). I wasn't going to watch unless I started hearing exceptional things about it. I'm guessing this is going to be a The Unit rehash.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding the family story lines, I think maybe they were going for an American Sniper vibe.

- Benjamin Franklin

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's really how SEALs talk, but S-Vest sounds exceptionally tacticool...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna give it a shot just because I've been a fan of Angel/Sealy Booth Big Grin (I refuse to butcher his actual last name LOL)

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
It was O.K., I'll give it a try... but the whole time I was watching the show I was thinking "Is this a re-run?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Isn't that guy almost 50? How many active SEALS at that age?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It was O.K. , I liked "the Brave" better.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I would have watched it, but it doesn't come on until past my bedtime. Now if it was on Friday or Saturday instead of Wednesday, it'd be different.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Saw both it and The Brave and also liked Brave a little better. Both have potential and could be good shows.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I am in for a while. Liked that both Seal Team and The Brave had Belgian Malinois.....who both got screen time. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Christ on a cracker, I thought The Brave was an extremely dumbed down version of Homeland built for the Lifetime type viewer. I quit watching about 20-25 minutes in, cancelled and deleted it. Did it get better from there on out or something?

The run down I gave my wife on Seal Team was that it was about the same speed as The Unit. She groaned. Cancelled and deleted it also.

Posts: 7251 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Both sucked. I came out of my hole to watch these network shows and was disappointed as usual. Network tv is for the lowest common denominator.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
C-......The Unit was way better! I don't think I'll watch another one.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post