SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Night Manager on Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Night Manager on Amazon Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
I read the John Le Carre book, and this miniseries is done well. Smile

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I really liked it and thought it was Tom Hiddleston's audition tape to be considered for James Bond.

Posts: 3908 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s excellent..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
+1 for the really enjoyed it group.

Laurie makes a great villian.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed it as well. I had never heard of Carre until maybe 1.5yr ago but have since been reading his work and watching a couple of his series.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Agreed. One of the best miniseries I've seen in years.

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I saw the series. I thought it was good.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19570 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
We also enjoyed it very much

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Really enjoyed it. Check out the adaptation of The Little Drummer Girl that just ran on AMC.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Really good. Hate it ended. Prayin for additional seasons

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the series

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Necro thread arise! My wife and I are really enjoying this series. Very well produced and acted.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Makes me want to give it a rewatch. I think I've seen it twice through, easy binge on a flight.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15133 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Olivia Colman is superb.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Elizabeth Debicki makes me tingle all over.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10465 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, per y'alls recommendations I've started watching... but here it goes, again.

I find it interesting that 'International Arms Dealers' are always evil....

Do some research and find out who is the biggest International Arms Dealer on the planet.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Adnan Khashoggi..It’s a lucrative lifestyle but not one without its inherent risks. The folks on that contact list are not ones we would wish to interact with on a daily basis.
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
So, per y'alls recommendations I've started watching... but here it goes, again.

I find it interesting that 'International Arms Dealers' are always evil....

Do some research and find out who is the biggest International Arms Dealer on the planet.......

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm bing watching it and it was okay until about episode four.... before that the only problem was the hero / night manager kept reminding me of a grown up version of that child actor from Home Alone. Same hair... then here we are in episode 5 and Hugh Lory "Roper" one of the worlds richest men who no one has a clue is really an arms dealer has an army with hundreds of men who all know him.... My real problem is I've always like Hugh Lowry and just can't get into disliking him even in this show.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post