SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Guitar Hanging System Opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guitar Hanging System Opinions? Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
Folks, one of the benefits (?) of staying in due to this lockdown is that I've been able to undertake some long-needed projects. The biggest of these is creating a "guitar studio." I have an extra bedroom that I've used to store guitars and musical equipment, but it's become more of a stowage area than anything usable. So, I've been moving stuff to the attic, taking down and stowing non-essential gear and trying to make the place more of an extra bedroom as well as a display area.

I have a lot of guitars. Most of them have spent the last few years (since I moved into this house) in their cases in the closet. (A photo from a couple of years ago).

Now I'm ready to start thinking of hanging guitars on the wall. I bought some individual hangers, but now I'm thinking of a system, much like they use in music stores. The room has only two usable walls, one about 12.5' and the other (with the door open) about 9'. Here's a photo I took yesterday.

So, what recommendations would those of you who have done this sort of thing make? The major "player" in this field seems to be diamondLife. Are there others? Better ideas?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Actually, what I did was to put hangers on the wall inside my spare bedroom closet after removing the doors. I was able to fit seven hangers in there, including two on the door jambs. On the back wall of the closet I installed a 1"x4" board screwed into the studs so I cold space the hangers appropriately for the guitar widths.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39212 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here’s what I did, the hangers are made by König & Meyer. Looks like you’ve got enough to consider a floor rack. I'll add that I've got a Martin acoustic as well. It used to hand on the wall with the electrics, but I decided it was better served by keeping it in the case. Good decision--I think

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I use those, too. ^

Individual ones that I've placed around the room. Works great.

Happy to see you get thise poor unloved guitars out of their cases.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Sidesways multi-racks are great for the stage and travel, but not nearly as cool for display, IMO.

I'd spread em all over the walls, staggered to fit more., or grouped by brand or type, etc.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hercules hangers mounted on the studs. If stud distance is a problem, mount to a backer board that screws into studs.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there anyway that they will be much more visible through the windows? I'am thinking of nosey bad guy's that might find them an attractive target. Then again if they are fully insured, perhaps it's not a concern.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55165 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Is there anyway that they will be much more visible through the windows? I'am thinking of nosey bad guy's that might find them an attractive target. Then again if they are fully insured, perhaps it's not a concern.

Curtains. Love the blackout type.

Careful putting cases in the attic. Some of the materials in them can come unglued due to heat.

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post