SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Horizon: An American Saga Trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Horizon: An American Saga Trailer Login/Join 
posted
New Kevin Costner western. Always enjoyed Costner westerns.

Posts: 148 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This has an interesting release schedule. Part 1 is coming out June 28 with Part 2 coming out August 16. Not sure if I'll see it as Westerns aren't my favorite genres, but if enough people say good things about it, I'll probably see them.

They can't be as bad as Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon which is doing the staggered release dates.

Posts: 4423 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Could be good.

The very first thing I feel as though I noticed, was how crisp and clean everyone’s wardrobe seemed to be. Felt very late 90s. Maybe it’s the way they decided to film it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9183 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
A lot of good actors in this one. I'll see both parts in theaters.

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Is this the only thread on this movie series? Part 1 slipped by with the lead up to, and Cheyenne Frontier Days itself; next thing I knew I see the announcement of Part 2 coming soon. I guess I have an opportunity to catch Part 1 on PPV, hope so.

There must be another thread, right?

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Extended clips and trailers are all over YouTube and part 1 can be bought for $25 or rented $20.

Here is one of the long clips and the rent/buy link should be in the sidebar at the end

Posts: 4815 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one was all over the place. Incoherent at times and just dragged on. At least for me.

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 561 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I just want to see the movie, apparently no one else here does Wink

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Releases September 10th, on 4k blu ray.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12918 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heydrich:
The first one was all over the place. Incoherent at times and just dragged on. At least for me.

Same. Rented it on Prime over the weekend. I really wanted to like this movie, but all the reviewers were right. It's a mess. I think there's a good movie in it somewhere, maybe a re-edited director's cut can fix it.

Posts: 489 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
The wife and I both thought the same thing. It was like watching a bad tv show from the 70's.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1864 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
It’s on “Max” or HBO if you have cable/sat. It released today. Will watch it tonight vs. waiting for the 4k disc on September 10th based on reviews here on the forum.

Posts: 12918 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
quote:
Originally posted by heydrich:

Same. Rented it on Prime over the weekend. I really wanted to like this movie, but all the reviewers were right. It's a mess. I think there's a good movie in it somewhere, maybe a re-edited director's cut can fix it.

I did watch part 1. I have to agree with this criticism, it’s following four (?) storylines simultaneously and jumps from one to the other so often, and abruptly, that I found myself saying, “Wait! Are we in Arizona now?” I don’t see a way to not continue, but a some discipline on the set, followed by coherent editing would be much appreciated.

posted Hide Post
Hopefully he steps up the production on the next three. The writing and some of the acting is poor. I really want to like this series of movies.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 964 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I thought it was alright. But I don’t go to the cineplex and it was on Max. At first I got the complaints, skipping around, multiple stories, but then I realized it’s a setup films. He’s setting it up for the next installments. Once I realized that my disappointment changed to enthusiasm. Had Chapter 2 be scheduled out to 2026 or 2027, sure. But Chapter 2, and each subsequent film (4 of them in total) are supposed to be released 3 months after the next. I looked it up and Chapter 2 screens on September 7th so that means it’ll be on disc and streaming in the next few months. So it’s done and they are already shooting Chapter 3. I think those disappointed, some will change their tune once the next film(s) are released which starts to tie everything into each other.

Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I thought it was alright. But I don’t go to the cineplex and it was on Max. At first I got the complaints, skipping around, multiple stories, but then I realized it’s a setup films. He’s setting it up for the next installments. Once I realized that my disappointment changed to enthusiasm. Had Chapter 2 be scheduled out to 2026 or 2027, sure. But Chapter 2, and each subsequent film (4 of them in total) are supposed to be released 3 months after the next. I looked it up and Chapter 2 screens on September 7th so that means it’ll be on disc and streaming in the next few months. So it’s done and they are already shooting Chapter 3. I think those disappointed, some will change their tune once the next film(s) are released which starts to tie everything into each other.
Right there with you. Imagine Lonesome Dove if you only saw the first night. I want him to get this right, I am one of those who went to the theatre release.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5234 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post