SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band Feb 17 Denver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band Feb 17 Denver Login/Join 
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted
Went to see Bob Seger last Sunday night at the Pepsi Center. The first time I saw him was in 1977 at the Coliseum.

He did a great job with the show and mentioned at least three times that this is their final tour. I'm so glad I was able to go. Thanks to my son who gave me the tickets for my birthday.

73 years old and still rockin'. Did almost all the hits. Including Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser. My favorite tracks from Live Bullet. The voice ain't quite what it used to be but still good and the Silver Bullet Band is awesome.

Anyone else seen him on this tour? Wraps up in June, I think, with two shows in Detroit.

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Always wanted to see him in Detroit. Never got the chance.

I've heard that he said he is done after this tour. Now is the time if you want to catch him.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Have seen him a few times, always a good show
Damn, I am getting old

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
We saw him in Chicago in December to a packed house. Great show. Yes his voice is not quite like it used to be but we loved seeing him and the band and he truly seems to enjoy doing the shows rather than just going through the motions. Loved his lead guitar guy and sax guy too. The one sax he had was crazy big. They played for almost 2 hours including the encores.

There are also YT videos of this tour and a couple of the complete show. Most everyone has a high quality video recorder in their pockets these days.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sandman76:
Went to see Bob Seger last Sunday night at the Pepsi Center. The first time I saw him was in 1977 at the Coliseum.

He did a great job with the show and mentioned at least three times that this is their final tour. I'm so glad I was able to go. Thanks to my son who gave me the tickets for my birthday.

73 years old and still rockin'. Did almost all the hits. Including Travelin' Man/Beautiful Loser. My favorite tracks from Live Bullet. The voice ain't quite what it used to be but still good and the Silver Bullet Band is awesome.

Anyone else seen him on this tour? Wraps up in June, I think, with two shows in Detroit.

No, but saw him a year or so ago here in Wichita. Was awesome. And a kindred spirit - a sailor - he does (did) the Detroit to Mackinac race on his race boat for lot's of years.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
My wife was thinking about getting us tickets for Charlotte show.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw him live so many years ago at the Nassau Coliseum, L.I. NY. One of my favorites. Lots of pint bottles and fun cigarettes always passed around. Still great to listen to.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post