SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bruce Lee Movies you liked.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bruce Lee Movies you liked. Login/Join 
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted
I liked these two ,Enter the Dragon &
Fist of Fury.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Well, there's sadly not that many.... I guess I liked them all. But my favorite would probably be Way of the Dragon (aka Return of the Dragon). So much of his fighting philosophy came through in this one. Intercepting fists, stop-hits, broken rhythm attacks, etc.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
All of them. Cool

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
All of them. Cool

Same. Big fan.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
All of them. Cool

Ditto

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll have to say all of them except Game of Death.

It sucks that he died so young, and I get the desire to share all of his work with the world, but as a movie it just doesn't hold together.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Enter the Dragon is my favorite. It was also the first Bruce Lee movie I saw.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
My take on Bruce Lee (and I'm a fan) is that I was more enamored with the guy than his actual films. I liked Enter The Dragon very much, but at the end of the day, it was still a mediocre example of cinema. And his other films fared worse, IMO.

I liken him to Robert Fripp, an amazing guitarist- I sometimes have to wade through some of his songs to get to the really good parts. And I feel like that with Lee's Hong Kong films. I have to admit, the last time I saw Way of the Dragon, I basically fast-forwarded the DVD to get to all of the fight scenes, which are absolutely amazing.

I have wondered what it would be like if Bruce Lee made a really high quality film with a big budget, good screenwriter, director, etc. To me, that was the tragedy of his death; what could have been.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enter the Dragon is his best. Fist of Fury I actually enjoy..despite the poor audio

quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have wondered what it would be like if Bruce Lee made a really high quality film with a big budget, good screenwriter, director, etc. To me, that was the tragedy of his death; what could have been.

The TV show Kung Fu was supposed to have been his break-thru into serious roles. Instead, Hollywood still viewed him as 'exotic', couldn't take the 'feisty Oriental' guy seriously. Warner Brothers instead had David Carradine in the lead role...he looked different enough and came from a dynastic acting family. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Never got into the Kung-Fu movies.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The first time I saw Enter the Dragon I laughed all the way through because of Kentucky Fried Movie.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post