SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Kirstie Alley has passed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirstie Alley has passed Login/Join 
posted
Sad news. Kirstie Alley has passed at 71. Man, the TV stars from my youth are getting up there in age. Never really gave it much thought.

Link

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
RIP.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I have followed her for years on Twitter. She always had this snarky humor sticking it to fellow actors. She had not been posting that much recently, but dang she will be missed.

Such a loss.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
This makes this old man very sad…I’m less than two years behind her…first Christine McVie…who’s effin next? RIP Kirsty…and in the meantime Nancy Pelosi is still not at room temp…something just ain’t fair (and I’m not posting this as humor)

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched the show in years, but I used to watch Cheers all the time in prime time and I thought it was a great show. And transitioning from Shelly Long to Alley still made the show very watchable, IMO, it didn't really jump the shark, I thought she was a great addition to the cast. And yes, the years are catching up.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Fuck. Just Fuck.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Sad news. Damn cancer sucks!

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
sad news indeed.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10928 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had a huge crush on her as a 9 year old when ST II: The Wrath Of Khan came out. RIP Lt. Saavik Frown

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had a huge crush on her as a 9 year old when ST II: The Wrath Of Khan came out. RIP Lt. Saavik Frown

I was a few years older than you when this came out, but she was one damn Hawt Vulcan,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10423 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
RIP, Kirstie.

You will be missed.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me, too. I saw STII in the theater, and I always get nostalgic when I see her in that uniform. This is the role I always think of whenever I hear her name. She was really good in STII, though she apparently tried to distance herself from the role and did not return to play the same character in STIII/STIV.

I didn't really follow any of her other roles, but she was decent (I thought) in the random episode of Cheers I happened to catch back in the day.

My other favorite role of hers was in the really obscure 1984 movie "Runaway." It was set in the WAYYYY distant future of the early 2000s or so, and starred Tom Selleck as a street cop with a fear of heights, in a world where everybody has personal robot butlers and such. Kirstie played a witness to a major (and, of course, evil) robot manufacturer (or something like that - I haven't seen this movie in at least 30 years). Gene Simmons was the bad guy.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was Star Trek II that she caught my attention with. I also liked the way that she didn't always run with the pack in Hollywood. RIP Kirstie.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Your hometown of Wichita will miss you Kirstie. RIP.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It was colon cancer that did her in and it sounds like it was pretty fast Frown

Let this be a lesson to everyone who is reluctant to get colonoscopies done on a regular basis: DO IT

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kelly Preston
(Travolta's wife)

Olivia Newton John
(Travolta's co-star)

And now Kirstie
( Another Travolta co-star)

Gotta suck being John T.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was colon cancer that did her in and it sounds like it was pretty fast Frown

Let this be a lesson to everyone who is reluctant to get colonoscopies done on a regular basis: DO IT

Yep, my wife is a little over a year out from her colon cancer Stage 3c diagnosis. Currently doing well and back at work, it really is easy to treat if caught early.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Don't forget she also portrayed a Playboy bunny...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
So sad.... one of my favorite movies she's in is Drop Dead Gorgeous.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Kelly Preston
(Travolta's wife)

Olivia Newton John
(Travolta's co-star)

And now Kirstie
( Another Travolta co-star)

Gotta suck being John T.

Well damn, if you're going to go there, his son Jett died in 2009 at age 16.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post