Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’d love to see Rossi win and find success with a satellite Suzuki team. Those odds are spectacular. The cheap bastards at Hamamatsu know better than to risk a big contract on a very old but amazing rider with an absolute army of rabid fans (whom I adore the energy of). My fingers are crossed that the GSX-RR can continue to find straight line speed without sacrificing its lethal corner speed. It s Suzuki’s only chance of winning someone big name like Rossi over to their side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t saying him riding the bike himself, though I’m sure he’ll be fully fit and ready to. I was thinking more as a team manager. That’ll give him teams in Moto 3, Moto 2, and the big time!

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Rossi have some lucrative Yamaha deal that would pretty much preclude him riding anything else?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Right now he’s a solid brand ambassador but i think if he got a chance, he’d take the opportunity to run his own team in the premier class, regardless or manufacturer. Again, all speculation on my part.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Read somewhere that a VR46 Suzuki team with him not riding, would not affect his Yamaha status (and $$).

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posts: 15143 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The guy already has a ton of $$$$. Would he baulk at a win and maybe another title shot on yet another manufacturers bike? If anyone fits its Suzuki from a design & engine/geometry/bike standpoint, politics, budget and risk taking are another thing all together. It’s a lot of money to risk I think for both sides (which makes it curious) but if he won on a Suzuki that would be truly historic. It’s fun to think about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Right now he’s a solid brand ambassador but i think if he got a chance, he’d take the opportunity to run his own team in the premier class, regardless or manufacturer. Again, all speculation on my part.

He has already stated as much. I don’t think he cares which mfr. his team in MotoGP would run. Whatever makes the most sense financially and competitively. And it would have no effect on his Yamaha ambassadorship. What would fuck that up, is if he did leave Yamaha and ride for somebody else before he retires. Sadly, I don’t think he’ll ride past next year. This was his worst year in his career IMO. Worse than his first year on the 125 in 1996.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12565 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa! Joe Roberts was offered a MotoGP ride (Aprilia) and turned it down and will stay in Moto2. Eek Is the ape really that bad? Does it just need a promising rider or is it still a few years of development away from being a contender?

America came close to having a rider at the top tier again. That’s a hell of an opportunity to turn down. Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Is the Aprilia that bad?

I guess fighting for wins in Moto2 is preferable to being in the midfield/at the back in MotoGP?

Makes you wonder if a 1 year deal, to keep options open to moving to another team & getting some top-tier experience, would be worth languishing down the grid.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think it’s a huge mistake. No the Aprilia isn’t a garbage bike. The team
Just needs that spark of talent to take it to the next level. Look how HRC faired without their Goldenboy. Worst start in 35 years!!! And the RC213V is NOT A SHIT BIKE.

Joe should have been brave and stepped up in my opinion. Either he believes in himself and his talent or he doesn’t. His statement about getting the opportunity just because of his passport is all the more reason to take the risk and prove the haters wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thinking about the 4-wheeled side.
I can't imagine any F2 driver that would pass up the jump to F1, regardless of team.

In fact, Haas canned both of its drivers & is going with an all-rookie lineup next year.
A lower midfield team & it'll have a Schumacher in the seat come Melbourne '21.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
2 wheels > four.
I quit watching F1 in the 90’s. F Lewis Hamilton until the sun burns out. And F Mercedes too....

Being fired from a cannon will always be superior to be squeezed out of a tube.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Any word on a sponsor for Yamaha?

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
No major news has broken recently. Their bullpen has a HELL of a lot of talent so they won’t be hurting for sponsors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.autosport.com/moto...ng-sixmonth-recovery

quote:

Six-time MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez has undergone a third operation on his right arm in Madrid and likely faces a six-month recovery period.

The Honda rider broke his right arm in a heavy crash during the season-opening Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez on 19 July.

Marquez had an operation immediately afterwards to have metalwork inserted to fix the bone and attempted a comeback just days later at Jerez for the Andalusian GP.

But he had to abort this, with the energy exerted on his arm ultimately leading to the metal plate breaking and requiring a second operation.

With recovery from this being slower than expected, Marquez never raced again in 2020, with Honda test rider Stefan Bradl deputising in his absence.

Reports in the Spanish press last month suggested Marquez would need a third operation owing to the healing process taking longer than hoped, with Marquez consulting numerous surgeons in recent weeks to determine the best course of action.

Marquez went to Madrid on Thursday for further consultation, with Spain's Antena 3 first reporting the Spaniard had an 11-hour operation on his arm.

Autosport can confirm the surgery did take place, with Honda's own statement issued late on Thursday night noting the "uneventful" operation took eight hours.

The surgery involved bone being taken from his hip, which is high in red blood cells, and grafted onto the humerus area on his right arm where a new plate was also inserted.

Marquez's recovery is expected to take up to six months, which will rule him out of the start of the 2021 season - due to begin on 28 March with the Qatar Grand Prix.

Honda has yet to comment on recovery time.

The full statement from Honda read: "Marc Marquez has undergone a new operation on his right arm as a result of the slow healing of the humerus bone, which has not improved with specific shock wave treatment.

"Today the rider has undergone surgery at the Hospital Ruber Internacional, in Madrid, for a pseudarthrosis of the right humerus.

"The surgery, carried out by a team made up of doctors Samuel Antuna, Ignacio Roger de Ona, Juan de Miguel, Aitor Ibarzabal and Andrea Garcia Villanueva, consisted of the removal of the previous plate and the placement of a new plate with the addition of an iliac crest bone graft with a corticoperiosteal free flap.

"The surgical procedure lasted for eight hours and was uneventful."

Should Marquez be unable to race for part of 2021, this leaves the door open for Andrea Dovizioso to make a surprise return to MotoGP action.

Dovizioso opted to take a sabbatical after quitting Ducati at the end of the 2020 season, with no test rider roles offered to him for 2021, which gave him a clear path back onto the MotoGP grid for 2022.

Free of any ties to teams in MotoGP, Honda could reasonably call on Dovizioso to fill in for Marquez should the Spaniard have to miss more races.

Dovizioso made his MotoGP debut in 2008 on the JiR Honda, before moving to the factory squad, with whom he raced from 2009 to the end of 2011 - scoring his first MotoGP victory with the marque at Donington Park in 2009.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I'm telling you now boys and girls, Marc isn't gonna be the same guy when he does finally get back on a bike. That horse threw his ass to the ground with some gusto and now he's gonna have that ever nagging feeling that a small fall can cause a lot of pain. He'll still be incredibly fast no doubt, but I don't look for him to risk as much as he has in the past. I think he'll finally realize that as you get older, you don't heal as easily or quickly as he once did.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
If you can still find it...find Dr. Costa’s comments about Marc & his Doctors choosing the wrong way to address this initially. Instead of doing what they should they elected to try and do it the way that could get him on the bike the quickest. And they fucked up. Just as much on Marc as it is his doctors. Never mind, found it for you.

https://www.gpone.com/en/2020/...marquezs-trauma.html

Marc admitted as much months ago. They chose wrong.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12565 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When the bone/surgery location has to start fighting off infection you have some serious issues.

Judging by how little Suzuki struggled to keep up with Honda & Ducati this past season on the long straights (their greatest weakness) I think MM will have a hell of a time coming back and just steam rolling over everyone. I expect to see Yamaha step up their game BIG TIME in 2021. That’s what I’m hoping at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
If Yamaha can work out their engine woes 9ver the break, they could come back strong.
Suzuki will be coming in on a high & could be really strong if they get some extra straight line speed.

posted Hide Post
Next year I need to subscribe so I can
watch the Moto 3 racing. I really missed
seeing it this year.

Posts: 110 | Location: florida | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post