Tools

MotoGP 2020 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That Moto2 Daytona is just gorgeous.

Of all the bikes I own my 4 cylinder sky high revving Bandit 400 oddly enough has the most aggressive riding position. The stock/original handle bar mounting location is up on top of the triple tree so it’s enjoying a few inches of drop from the standard bar height.

For brief blasts out to the rolling countryside this machine, even with its not so comfortable ergos is an absolute blast. 10,000-14,000 rpm is where the magic happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Small displacement 4cyl wit ha sky high redline = bliss.

I'd absolutely love to have a CBR250RR, even if it mean having to deal with carbs. That nearly 20k RPM redline banshee sounds awesome.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yamaha sweeps Q2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes. What a race! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Congrats on 2nd and 3rd stick!! At least Marini won Moto 2 with Rossi out.

Posts: 91 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Great race. Really enjoying how unpredictable it can be from week to week.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
MotoGP subscriptions are 50% off now that we are half way through the season. Since NBC Sports often decides to broadcast soccer and delays showing the race for hours I decided to spend the extra money. I should have done this a long time ago. The access to previous seasons is pretty cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
MotoGP subscriptions are 50% off now that we are half way through the season. Since NBC Sports often decides to broadcast soccer and delays showing the race for hours I decided to spend the extra money. I should have done this a long time ago. The access to previous seasons is pretty cool.

I was wondering about that, would see a post in here about a great race & think my DVR missed it, only to find it recording 3 hours later.

Main benefit to the delayed airing, is I get my F1 in the morning & MotoGP in the afternoon.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I didn’t post about the race because my rider was in the hunt to win and bam, front lets go and that’s it. I have watched every practice session, qualifying, pre-race press conference, qualifying press conference, race, and post race press conference since GP.com began, which I think was 2005 or so. Then I’ve seen every premier class race back to Criville’s year he won the championship. Watched 250’s only the year before, and same year. Fabio crossed the line, the Suzuki’s and I turned it off. Didn’t watch the cool down lap, rostrum, nada. See y’all in Le Mans.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P250UA5, The main issue for me with the delay was seeing spoilers on social media and no coverage of Moto2. Now thankfully that’s no longer an issue. I’m going to buy the MotoGP subscription for the full season next year. I had planned on getting a subscription earlier this year but it looked like we might not even have a season for a while there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
P250UA5, The main issue for me with the delay was seeing spoilers on social media and no coverage of Moto2. Now thankfully that’s no longer an issue. I’m going to buy the MotoGP subscription for the full season next year. I had planned on getting a subscription earlier this year but it looked like we might not even have a season for a while there.

That makes sense. I'm considering buying the F1 season pass next year & cancelling YouTubeTV.
Will have to look at the cost of F1 + MotoGP & see how that compares to what I'm paying for YTTV when the time comes.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...pramac-2021/4884377/

quote:

Ducati has announced it has chosen Francesco Bagnaia to replace the outgoing Andrea Dovizioso for the 2021 MotoGP season, while Johann Zarco steps up to Pramac as a works rider.
Dovizioso announced during the Austrian Grand Prix weekend in August that he would not be extending his stay with Ducati beyond the 2020 season.

Numerous names quickly entered the frame for his spot alongside Jack Miller, with the latter’s current Pramac teammate Bagnaia and Avintia rider Zarco the favourites - while three-time MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo “proposed” himself for the seat.

Bagnaia has arguably been the strongest Ducati rider this season, having been set for a podium in the Andalusian GP until a mechanical issue robbed him.

He finished second in his return from a three-race absence through injury at the San Marino GP and was on course to win the following week’s Emilia Romagna race before crashing out of the lead.

Signed to join Ducati and Pramac at the start of 2018 ahead of his title-winning run in Moto2, Bagnaia – currently 13th in the standings – will make the step to the works squad in 2021.

“I chose to be a Ducati rider even before being the Moto2 World Champion in 2018 and they chose me even before knowing that one day I would become one,” Bagnaia said.

“This was our bet, because up until that moment I had always been a fast rider, but I didn't have anything concrete in my pocket: Ducati decided to believe it even before everyone else.

“We didn't know how it would go, but as of today, if I had to go back, I'd do it all over again.

“My MotoGP debut was not easy, but at Ducati they never questioned me: they gave me all the support and confidence a rookie needs and they let me experience in 2019.

“I listened to them, I trusted them, together we learned to know and understand each other, and now we form a great team.

“They taught me a working method that allowed us to take great satisfaction and I think it's just the beginning.

“Today I am the happiest person in the world, for me it is a dream come true: being a factory Ducati rider has always been my ambition and I have succeeded together with all those who have always believed in me even when things did not go right."

Zarco signed directly for Ducati to join Avintia – having initially rejected the proposal - last November at the end of a difficult 2019 in which he quit KTM, fielding year-old GP19s with some technical support from the factory.

He scored pole position and a third at the Czech Grand Prix on the bike, putting himself firmly in the frame for a promotion.

Currently 15th in the points, Zarco will join Moto2 frontrunner Jorge Martin at Pramac as a fully-supported works rider on current-spec machinery.

Moto2 title contender Enea Bastianini will step up to MotoGP next year with Avintia, though an official confirmation of this has not been made yet.

Dovizioso has no “plan B” for his 2021 season, though has been linked to Aprilia, while Danilo Petrucci will join the KTM-backed Tech 3 squad next year.

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
That's good news for Pecco. Honestly think he's the better suited rider for Ducati anyways. Zarco is fast but a bit of a prim donna. He needs a bike that turns and the Duc ain't it. Put him on a Zuk and I bet he'd be right up there at the pointy end, but I think most of those fielding KTM's and Duc's would.

Next season should be a helluva ride with all these changes. The only thing I'm waiting to see is whether Avintia dumps Tito Rabat or keeps his daddy's money and lets him ride around at the back making an ass of them.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Pecco should be a good fit.
I hope Dovi finds something soon.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder if maybe the powers that be at Ducati were expecting Jorge Lorenzo to come out of retirement? He was engaged in negotiations with Ducati for a while before finally saying no thanks. I wonder if that played a role at all in Ducati’s current situation?

I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I was hoping to see him come back on a Ducati. He left when he was finally settling in and showing positive results. Ducati is certainly aware of this and seems to have wanted to sign him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if maybe the powers that be at Ducati were expecting Jorge Lorenzo to come out of retirement? He was engaged in negotiations with Ducati for a while before finally saying no thanks. I wonder if that played a role at all in Ducati’s current situation?

I’d be lying if I didn’t admit I was hoping to see him come back on a Ducati. He left when he was finally settling in and showing positive results. Ducati is certainly aware of this and seems to have wanted to sign him.

Agreed
I think they were counting the chickens before they hatched.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
So, thinking/planning ahead...

At COTA, if you were in-person, where would you want to be sat to enjoy the race most?

With F1, I've done T4 & T9, both great for F1 (apart from the really long walk to get there from the parking lot).

Where's the best spot(s) at COTA for GP?

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
So, thinking/planning ahead...

At COTA, if you were in-person, where would you want to be sat to enjoy the race most?

With F1, I've done T4 & T9, both great for F1 (apart from the really long walk to get there from the parking lot).

Where's the best spot(s) at COTA for GP?

The MotoGP race is in April. You live here in our state, and you should know how April goes. Do you want to be out on the track, sitting with no covering if our weather goes to shit and starts flooding or raining hard? I usually get hooked up and get into one of the suites with catered food/beverages, but I always buy my seat in the grandstand. You can always go out and sit on the grass above 16/17/18, or hike it up to turn 1. If you are insistent on buying a seat, turn 15. They slow down through there so you get a good look at 13/14/15 into 16. Then there is Honda/Yamaha/Ducati type setups over close to turn 12 along the back straight. That's fun to, to see them coming into 12 at full speed. Longest straight on the calendar. Sun beats me down so I stay in the grandstand our one of the suites for the race. You get to see the start, the finish, the podium, etc. But mainly it's for being out of the sun and in case that rain starts coming down hard. I've got a certain section and seats saved that I use every year and know a manager in the COTA office to get them. I get A parking so the truck is really close to the track entrance and grandstand. When I first started going to races in 2000 (WSBK) I'd walk all over the place, geeked out. After two decades I try to walk the least. I get the vendor stuff out of the way on Friday and don't bother with during the weekend. And we leave each day after FP1 or FP3 and go eat lunch at the house we rent. Then get back for afternoon practice/QP. Track food at COTA sucks and it's $$$$.

I miss Laguna. Multiple paddock suites available. I was always at turn 3. Went for 10 years straight. Catered breakfast/lunch and free drinks all 3 days. $550 and included parking pass and paddock pass. The people that run COTA are assholes. Similar suite is $1000 per person, and paddock pass is extra. Not the same vibe either.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Pre knows his stuff.
All accurate.
Having seen races at Brno, Assen, and Silverstone, COTA suck for what it is.

His advice is sound.
I do the Ducati thing because I have bennies with the Duc guys.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Awww man I’m jealous. I’d love to see a race at Silverstone. Hopefully in the next few years I would like to travel to Phillip Island, Mugello and Le Mans to watch a MotoGP race. That flight to Australia is brutal but what a beautiful place to put a motorcycle track!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~