SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New Peter Frampton Album
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Peter Frampton Album Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
just received 'Frampton Forgets the Words' on vinyl and have been listening to it.

I've not looked at the liner notes to see what songs are on it - its an entirely instrumental two disk package

So far I'm impressed - my favorite thus far is his rendition of 'Isn't It a Pity'

I had expected to see Gordon Kennedy in the band but he picked up Rob Arthur, Adam Lester and Dan Wojciechowski

its worth a listen

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Yep, surprised by the name of the album. Went straight to Isn't it a pity. Big fan of George.

Had completely forgotten about Peter Frampton. He was HUGE down here when his Live double album Frampton comes alive! came out. Nobody even know what he did before or heard of Humble Pie.
Show me the Way still sounds regularly on the radio.

Followed briefly until Signed, sealed and delivered, I'm yours. Absolutely loved Frank Zappa's parody I've been in you.

Good pick, Greg.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12108 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had completely forgotten about Peter Frampton.
He was HUGE down here when his Live double album Frampton comes alive! came out. Nobody even know what he did before or heard of Humble Pie.
Show me the Way still sounds regularly on the radio.

Np doubt Frampton Comes Alive catapulted him to the stratosphere with that album but believe it or not there some of us old-timers that were Humble Pie fans too. Smile
Rockin' the Filmore is a favorite and still play it regularly.
Saw him interviewed by Rick Beato not too long ago and he is a guitar icon no doubt. Cool

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post