New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ahsoka Login/Join 
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted
The trailer for the next series dropped. It looks really good. Especially since Kennedy was not allowed to stick her fingers into this series. It is Filoni/Favreau all the way! Also, if you have not watched Rebels, A: Why not??? B: this series looks like it picks up where the epilogue leave off.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Also, if you have not watched Rebels, A: Why not??? B: this series looks like it picks up where the epilogue leave off.

If the answer to A is "Because I watched the first episode or two or Rebels and it was too much of a kids show for me", then I understand. I thought the same thing and had also bailed early on the first time I tried it.

But give it a chance. It gets better as Season 1 goes on, and significantly better in later seasons.

Well worth watching.

Posts: 32521 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Mila Kunis should have been cast.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is that Ray Stevenson? That would be cool.

He should have been Reacher.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I'm tellin ya! They should consult us before finalizing ANY casting choices.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

I'm tellin ya! They should consult us before finalizing ANY casting choices.

He did a good job in The Punisher movie he was in. Too bad they made it a joke of a movie.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched any of Rebels but the last season of Clone Wars made Ahsoka Tano by far my favorite character of that series.

Year V

Posts: 2632 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's Disney+... fuck 'em and their inclusivity diversity gay trans caballero bullshit. Mandalorian Season 3 was the final straw. I'm gone with time to be better spent anywhere else.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16225 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
The trailer for the next series dropped. It looks really good.

Was there a Star Wars story trailer that didn't look good? I hope it is good.

Posts: 10961 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I’m not feeling the live action Ahsoka. I enjoyed the character a lot as a Padawan in Clone Wars, except in the first season when she what pretty annoying. Still kind of OK in Rebels as Fulcrum, but a little less interesting when she was younger. But there’s something off in the live action version. Don’t know if it’s how Rosario Dawson is playing her or something else, but the cartoon version seems better to me.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Looks good if that bitch Kennedy is out of it. I’m just fine with a female lead. Rosario is hot anyhow. I was going to sign up for my one month a year deal here next month but I can wait until Ahsoka is half way through and catch Andor, Mando S3, and this all in 30 days and cancel their asses.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12642 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't Disney+ I might give it a try!

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Looks good if that bitch Kennedy is out of it. I’m just fine with a female lead.

That's the crux, because this series is tapping into established characters like Ashoka and Sabine Ren, who have established back stories and just happen to be female, this project actually has a chance to be good. I'm gonna say Kennedy wanted this program to lead but, Favereu and Filoni pitched her the need to roll-out Mandalorian first, while including a strong female in Bo-Katan, which placated her urges....at least initially.

IN other news, Kennedy just couldn't help herself and Rey is coming back in her own movie as a .....jedi master forming her own order Roll Eyes

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
The one thread in Mando-verse and Bad Batch that does make me cringe a bit is the ever present cloning. I've read more than one theory is that is is how Palpatine was able to come back by using the Force to move into a new body. This is a guess to what the secret Darth Plagious had to cheat death, and what Sidious/Palpy learned to achieve his goal and "somehow came back" for Ep 9.

I've also heard that the Mando-verse is also going to show the rise of the New Order. I can see Thrawn being a key leader in rebuilding the Empire. But I also can't see him allowing someone like Hux work his way up in the ranks. It will be interesting to see how they handle Thrawn and pulling together the remnants of the Empire.

As for Rey, maybe this was Darth Kennedy's buy off to get her to go quietly if Rey gets one last film.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
I'm just so tired of the girl power movement being instilled into EVERY SINGLE MOVIE these days. It makes it worse when the supporting males are either the bad guys or clueless wimps.

Posts: 1923 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:
I'm just so tired of the girl power movement being instilled into EVERY SINGLE MOVIE these days. It makes it worse when the supporting males are either the bad guys or clueless wimps.

I agree but the Ahsoka story isn't that. It will have Ezra and Thrawn in it which are two of the biggest bad asses in the Star Wars universe. And after Clone Wars and Rebels Ahsoka is by far my favorite character out of the whole saga.
Clone wars and Rebels lost some people on first watch due to the unconventional animation but after you get used to it the style grows on you until you cannot imagine the characters any other way. The story telling and development are the high water mark of the whole franchise in my opinion.

Edit to add:
Directed by Dave Filoni
Written by Dave Filoni and George Lucas.
No other writing credits.

Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
You are right Ryanp225. Ahsoka is a different situation. This was just a chance to vent pertaining to just about every other show that's being produced these days. Sorry. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Fire Away:

I agree but the Ahsoka story isn't that. It will have Ezra and Thrawn in it which are two of the biggest bad asses in the Star Wars universe. And after Clone Wars and Rebels Ahsoka is by far my favorite character out of the whole saga.
Clone wars and Rebels lost some people on first watch due to the unconventional animation but after you get used to it the style grows on you until you cannot imagine the characters any other way. The story telling and development are the high water mark of the whole franchise in my opinion.

Edit to add:
Directed by Dave Filoni
Written by Dave Filoni and George Lucas.
No other writing credits.

Posts: 1923 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm looking forward to it. I'm working through The Clone Wars with my son. We're about two thirds through the second season. Then RotS, Kenobi, Rebels, and Mandalorian. Bad Batch will have to get worked in there somehow, eventually. By the time we're through all that, the first two seasons of Ahsoka should be out. Razz

Believe me, I hate that I'm paying Disney. I truly do. However, it's really the only way to support Favreau and Filoni, so I will. Those guys saved Star Wars.

Posts: 17151 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post