SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Antikythera fragment series.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antikythera fragment series. Login/Join 
posted
He has has a long break but he is producing vids on this fascinating machine once again.

Here is the full playlist.
https://youtube.com/playlist?l...yxfygxA0to4RXv4_jDU2

There are ten episodes so far. It is a fascinating look into ancient math and sciences.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Fascinating! I watched all 10.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Fascinating! I watched all 10.

flashguy

The reason for the long break over the last couple of years is that he is completing a thesis on the mechanism and its build.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Amazing work. I picked up his fire piston several years back.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Entrancing.
Just seeing all the precise hand made tools and then Chris making the pieces and explaining how they relate to stars, months, years.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Entrancing.
Just seeing all the precise hand made tools and then Chris making the pieces and explaining how they relate to stars, months, years.

It is mesmerizing. How he case hardens the tools to make a spindle drill. In this latest video how he mocks up the necessary things in a shop space to make this device.

posted Hide Post
Today's release is a new series. If I am not mistaken it will be a dial face.

Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
That is pretty cool.
Quite the rabbit hole to go down, dude has some serious talent.

The Fire Piston is pretty cool, I'll probably get one or two.
https://clickspring.myshopify....ckspring-fire-piston

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
It's been a year since he's updated, new one is out.
Very cool.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post