Notify
Tools

Westworld Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was fantastic!!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
No sorry it's trash

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2259 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
It is well done, but it moves slowly. It doesn't look like my wife wants to watch any more.

Hah! Mine fell asleep during the first episode. I was so into it that I didn't even notice until the very end when I shouted, "She killed the fly!"

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there is any significance to Anthony Hopkins character being named Robert Ford.
Perhaps a nod to the killer of Jesse James.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched the trailer. Anthony Hopkins rocks.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far this show has been awesome. I'm looking forward to episode 3.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Halfway through ep 3... just amazing ideas for an HBO show have the potential to be explored so far... right, wrong, good evil, predestination, evolution, artificial intelligence, learning, educational quotient....

This could go many ways.... I am so excited.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
an imperfect garden of eden, because the creators were imperfect.

anything made by humans is flawed

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:
No sorry it's trash

Yeah....well that's just like...your opinion....man.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Another cool episode!

I wonder what the "maze" is.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Min-Chin-Chu-Ru... Speed with Glare
posted Hide Post
Google Delos Corporation

discoverwestworld.com

Provide an email address and read the "visit terms and conditions" to get answers on how the park works, how the firearms work, etc.

They will start sending you emails with "internal memo" attachments that will take your further down a fun rabbit hole on what's going on at the park.

Posts: 1266 | Location: MA | Registered: December 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool how they built the kachina doll thing in.

posted Hide Post
Also, the robot who dropped the rock on his head is tait fletcher who was one of my first Brazilian jiu jitsu coaches. He was on the first season of ultimate fighter and he played Lester in breaking bad, he's been in a ton of other stuff including Sicario.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It's a good show but it is tedious, imo. I wonder if they have given the viewer too much to chew on too quickly.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

I wonder what the "maze" is.

Possibly, an endless trick that makes the Hosts think they are getting to the end but really it just keeps them busy/preoccupied? Reminds me of what Roland in The Dark Tower series finds at the end of his quest.

I like how the latest episode shed a bit more light on The Man in Black.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
sounds to me like the man in black is trying to up the stakes a bit... find a place where maybe the hosts can actually shoot back (with real bullets.) or figure out a way take a more fully conscious host back to the real world.

also interesting that he is somewhat famous IRL, as he was recognized by those 2 guys. and his "foundation" saved someone's life, so maybe he's a doctor or he's a prosthetician, or he's interested in integrating AI into humans to prolong life. Maybe his own... Westworld might be his fountain of youth?

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
quote:
also interesting that he is somewhat famous IRL, as he was recognized by those 2 guys.

His reaction to being recognized was pretty harsh.
Something about being on vacation and leave him alone or else he'd cut their throats.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
quote:
also interesting that he is somewhat famous IRL, as he was recognized by those 2 guys.

His reaction to being recognized was pretty harsh.
Something about being on vacation and leave him alone or else he'd cut their throats.

"If you say another fucking word I'll cut your throats. This is my vacation."

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
posted Hide Post
^^^

That qualifies as harsh.

Smile

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Liking it, looking forward to seeing more.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post