SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Penny Dreadful City of Angels
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Penny Dreadful City of Angels Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted
Binged this show last week on Prime (Showtime subscription) and really enjoyed it. Maybe because it was centered around a pair of deities that I'd never heard of? Fandom wiki describing the main character and story line if interested:
https://penny-dreadful.fandom.com/wiki/Magda

I can think of a few reasons why folks may not like it, and that is of course fine, but it ticked a lot of boxes for me anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apprentice,

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Very good. I enjoyed it. Wish it was picked up for more seasons. Nathan Lane acted a good part..

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1436 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Binged this show last week on Prime

Note that this isn't on standard Prime... It requires a separate Showtime subscription.

(I initially got all excited, since I liked the original Penny Dreadful series that was set in the Victorian era, but I don't have a Showtime subscription so that's a no go.)

Posts: 33036 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Binged this show last week on Prime

Note that this isn't on standard Prime... It requires a separate Showtime subscription.

(I initially got all excited, since I liked the original Penny Dreadful series that was set in the Victorian era, but I don't have a Showtime subscription so that's a no go.)

Yikes, sorry 'bout that mental lapse of mine.

Posts: 7506 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAH!
Actually can get it.
Looked it up and I was in at Natalie Dormer!
THANKS guys!

Posts: 372 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
The wife and I watched it a while back and enjoyed it. Natalie Dormer was great in it.

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked it, did not love it, but worth watching.

Posts: 3552 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post