SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Interesting Movie BooBoo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Movie BooBoo Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Just watched "The Great War" on Amazon. Platoon of "Buffalo Soldiers" get trapped behind German lines 2 days before the end of the war. Rescue effort mounted, usual race-related issues, etc. Fair to middlin' movie.

The glitch was the rifles. I assume Springfield '03s. In many scenes, they have left-handed bolts!

I'm assuming the negatives got flopped somehow because in some scenes EVERY rifle was left-handed. Also noticed in several shots of the same scene the strap on a soldiers musette bag swapped sides at least twice.

How do they not catch this stuff? Editors too ignorant of arms to know better?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the film, but almost certainly it was intentional. Did you have scenes of US soldiers firing at Germans, and vice-versa? If so, the reversal was probably done so that you didn't have the opposing forces both pointing screen left or screen right. Just a guess.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yes, the scene swapped between opposing sides. Interesting explanation. I'll have to watch for that in the future.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post