SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tried to watch the restored film Storm Warning on TCM, turned it off and deleted it before the film even started
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tried to watch the restored film Storm Warning on TCM, turned it off and deleted it before the film even started Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
This is a 1951 film about the Klan.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044075/

Before the film began, the leftist puke and former Young Turks member, Ben Mankiwiecz- who is a perfect study of nepotism- commented on the film. The only reason anyone knows his name is because of dead relatives with the same last name- Hollywood folks, one of whom wrote Citizen Kane. Other than that, he's just another boring, stupid leftist asshole who wouldn't recognize the Constitution if he stood two feet in front of it.

I never listen to his commentary anymore on TCM. I either blow past it if it's a recording, or I mute it if I'm watching it live and wait for him to finish running his ignorant leftist suck. He's an imbecile and he's making a living by standing on the graves of people who actually accomplished things. He's a zero.

Fine, OK, fast-forward, and up pops Martin Scorsese, who occasionally appears on TCM for key films, and this restoration is one of them. I'll listen to Scorsese speak on film every chance I get. His knowledge of cinema is encyclopedic and this is no exaggeration You can't stump him. Name a film and he'll tell you about it, and tell you things you never knew about it.

Scosese begins to speak, talks about the location the film was shot, then moves onto commenting about certain scenes in the film, and in the last comment I heard before I shut it off, he says that the particular scene reminds him of the footage of January 6, 2021.

Before today, I had never heard Scorsese make any remarks which gave the first clue about his political leanings. He's an intelligent man. He has to know how divisive is this topic, and he has to be aware of the new evidence, formerly suppressed by Democrats and now revealed, and he has to know who are the people in the TCM audience. But, he couldn't leave it alone.

It's not enough that the sleaze Mankiwiecz surely made comments about the Klan being aligned with the political right, ignoring the overt racism and fascistic behavior of all his little friends on the left. I don't have to hear what Mankiwiecz said this time. I know that he never misses an opportunity.

No, that wasn't enough. Martin Scorsese had to get in on the act, and I am indescribably disappointed right now.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Back when Trump was elected, I heard some clips of him, and read some things that without a doubt, confirmed his political proclivities. He was a Hillary supporter and was outspoken about the failure of the electoral college for his candidate. And of course, he thought Trump was a bad man, that he might drum up a war to secure another term in the WH. The last feature film I saw of his was The Departed.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16708 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post