SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Login/Join 
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted
Any one else planning to play this Friday?

I will be downloading this for PC from Steam today or tomorrow. It has been way too long for a good single player SW game. I can't believe there hasn't been one single player open world SW RPG to date. As awful as EA is I am hoping this is a step in the right direction. The Jedi Knight games were great back in the day.

Discussion and Spoilers here if you Reddit:
https://old.reddit.com/r/FallenOrder/

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpxWy8DJSE

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xantom,

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I’m in the middle of Ghost Recon but if it turns out as good as it looks, I’ll get it next.

I always liked the Force Unleashed games and even liked that Jango Fett game.

I’m still sorry they canceled Star Wars 1313.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_1313

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I don't remember that one, but it looks like it could have been good. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series have some great open world RPG's. How there isn't a similar game from the SW universe seems crazy to me. I am playing The Outer Worlds right now. If you liked Fallout New Vegas you likely will like it.

Posts: 1721 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yes, why there isn't a Fallout / Skyrim game set in the Star Wars universe is beyond me.

Or I have always thought a Grand Theft Auto set in Mos Eisley or Nar Shada would be just awesome.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
i'm eagerly awaiting IGN's review that releases tomorrow, I usually agree with their findings. Hoping this isn't a flop

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted an open world, multi planet bounty hunter game set in the star wars universe.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I have it downloaded. Digital unlock times:
November 14, 7 PM GMT
November 14, 9 PM PT
November 15, midnight ET

Cough, cough I wonder if I am getting ill? Hope I can make it to work tomorrow Smile

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I've always wanted an open world, multi planet bounty hunter game set in the star wars universe.

Yes, a Mandalorian single player open universe RPG could be very good. We had Bounty Hunter back in what 2002? EA has 3 years left with the SW franchise, hopefully it gets turned over to a dev shop that will do it justice.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I will probably get this, might wait for a price drop unless the reviews are off the charts.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I got mine on Friday from a Best Buy pre-order. Gamer Club discount and $10 gift card. I just finished Borderlands 3, so going to start this one today or tomorrow.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Yes, why there isn't a Fallout / Skyrim game set in the Star Wars universe is beyond me.

Or I have always thought a Grand Theft Auto set in Mos Eisley or Nar Shada would be just awesome.

Looks like those with a healthy serving of Assassin's Creed as well.

I played the crap out of Jedi Outcast and Academy. I had high hopes for the Force Unleashed games, but they left me pretty disappointed. It's been 17 years, but it looks like they finally released a Jedi game that may possibly be as good as Outcast.

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
played for about 4 hours last night - my early review is great game! Like tomb raider meets dark souls and throw in a decent story (so far) and a light saber. I'm playing on the 3rd highest difficulty, and the combat is difficult, plan on dying a lot while you learn your timing and enemies.

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Playing on Jedi Master:
My first take is it's a great looking/sounding game. No quick save option in modern gaming just shouldn't happen anymore. Really, I have to go back to a respawn point and start all over?? Ridiculous. Combat can be very frustrating at first, enemy cheap shots are also annoying.

How you liking that Oggdo Boggdo fight? Smile Took me probably 20 times to get him. I made it to that troll Rabid Jotaz and took my time to learn how to evade and block better. I died a lot but you respawn right by him. I can get by him pretty easily now. Definitely helps to practice on lower level enemies. Overall I like it but it definitely has things I don't care for.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I can't believe there hasn't been one open world SW RPG to date.

Star Wars Galaxies...

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmalb:
quote:
Originally posted by xantom:
I can't believe there hasn't been one open world SW RPG to date.

Star Wars Galaxies...

I fixed it Big Grin

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Star Wars Galaxies was shut down years ago.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Star Wars Galaxies was shut down years ago.

It's also not single player, which was xantom's intent.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Maybe I was just correcting jmalb...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am finding the camera to be really a pain in the ass. I am playing on xbox one.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I am just about done with it. Should be finishing it up tonight.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post