SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Army of the Dead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army of the Dead Login/Join 
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted
Just watched this movie. A bit disapointed. Good effects, some good action . But just OK. At the end hocopter scene, it hit me....this is ALIENS.......Almost exactly. Character for character. Newt, Ripley, Burke, Bishop, Hudson, Vasques, brain hungry monsters who are smarter than they should be........They should take off and nuke the site from orbit........oh.....wait....

Well, at least I didnt pay for it.

Cheers
JAYCAT

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaycat:
this is ALIENS

You say that like it's a bad thing. Big Grin

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Vino Veritas
Picture of Jaycat
posted Hide Post
No, Aliens is one of my favorite movies. This movie ......wasn't. The Tiger was cool

Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun!!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Clarksville TN | Registered: November 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Watched it because of this thread.. meh.. killed some time and yes the Tiger was different.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dug it. I mean it’s a zombie heist flick art it ain’t. It was fun though.

Tiger was great.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Formulaic and not a single surprise in the entire movie. If you just want to see some gun play and explosions that’s about all it really has to offer.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
We lasted for 15 whole minutes

Posts: 13259 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I thought it was fun.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to see how they replaced Chris D'elia in post with Tig Notaro.

Not for the politics, but the technology.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
We lasted for 15 whole minutes

I made it 30 minutes, and that wasn’t easy. Even looked at the wife and said, “Babe, this is bad. Really bad”.

I just couldn’t do it.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I haven't seen it, but I'm looking forward to see how they replaced Chris D'elia in post with Tig Notaro.

Not for the politics, but the technology.

I knew nothing about this so I wasn't looking for anything and therefore really didn't see anything. I just remember thinking Tig Notaro seems really out of place in this movie, not so much from a technical standpoint but from a why was she cast stand point. Fair bit of CGI in the film already so that could distract from any CGI around her character but I can't say anything jumped out at me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Decent mindless fun and Ana de la Reguera makes me drool

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was okay. Just the few gun snafus.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
So, at the end, once they get on the helicopter, what happened to the chick they saved? Not seen or mentioned.

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Man, I was pulling for John Dorey! Dood just can't survive a zombie pockylips!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan03833:
So, at the end, once they get on the helicopter, what happened to the chick they saved? Not seen or mentioned.

from the interwebz

The most likely explanation has to do with a major recasting decision for Army of the Dead. The character of the helicopter pilot was originally played by Chris D'Elia, but he was cut from the movie following allegations of sexual misconduct. The role was recast with Tig Notaro, who shot all of her scenes in front of a green screen and was later added into scenes with the other actors using CGI. Most of the shots where Notaro was added are fairly static, though, and it would have been more challenging to replace D'Elia with Notaro in shots as frantic and shaky as the final flight of the helicopter. Since Geeta is sitting in the front seat of the helicopter, it's likely that almost all the footage of Qureshi during the helicopter scene had D'Elia in the background instead of Notaro, and it may simply have been too difficult to alter it.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this that Netflix zombie movie where anti-gun David Bautista is supposed to play some jocked-up security contractor?

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Again it was entertaining but some tweaking of the storyline could have made it a little better such as the "heist" part and maybe the ending.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. Dumb zombie action fun.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I like it, its action, thriller and come comedy in it.

Posts: 105 | Registered: March 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post