SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    You shouldn't touch the ordnance at all.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You shouldn't touch the ordnance at all. Login/Join 
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Oooooooohhhh JESUS CHRIST, IT’S A JAP SUB!

Hey, the dummy’s right!

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
It's big. The biggest one here. You know what else?
It's got a lot of range. You know what I mean by range, don't you? I mean, it can stay up for a long time. A very long time.
And it's built firm and solid. Because it has to be. Because of its tremendous forward thrust. And when this baby delivers its payload... devastating.

You get me up in that plane, then we'll talk about forward thrust.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Slight thread drift. I have been up in that very plane - 14 times as Flight Loadmaster. Smile

That's B-17G 'Sentimental Journey'. She starred in this film just prior to being donated to the Arizona Wing (now Airbase Arizona) of the Commemorative Air Force for restoration. She is still flying today.

And yes, she certainly does have a lot of forward thrust... 4,800 hp worth.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post