SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Geissele MCX trigger in AR15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Geissele MCX trigger in AR15 Login/Join 
posted
I recently sold my MCX’s but kept the geissele MCX triggers I had in them. Will these triggers work in AR15s either with or without the hammer blocking thingy?

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've never tried it but if I remember correctly when the MCX first came our the triggers were so similar to the AR people were putting lighter AR but SiG discouraged it and said they would break.
Personally, I'd try it and see if it would fit and function.

By the way, why did you sell your MCX's?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d think it would work. As has been said, regular Geissele AR triggers fit and worked (at least for a while) in the MCX. The issue with normal AR triggers is that the MCX had a higher bolt speed and the hammer slamming back down on firing would eventually break parts of the trigger. The “fix” on the Geissele MCX trigger was to put a metal bridge across the rear of the trigger so the hammer would beat on that instead of the trigger parts. If the bridge doesn’t prevent the hammer from going back far enough to reset, and the shape of the hammer face is compatible with the AR carrier/firing pin, it should work.

That said, you might be better off trying the sell the trigger, because the MCX trigger is more expensive than a standard SSA trigger. You could probably get enough to buy a new SSA, or two Larue MBT-2S triggers.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post