SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    C7 Upper Receivers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C7 Upper Receivers Login/Join 
posted
It seems like not too long ago these were readily available and now they are sold out everywhere. Does anyone here have a lead on where I could find one for sale.

“If the federal government is allowed to hold a monopoly on determining the extent of its own powers, we have no right to be surprised when it keeps discovering new ones.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 234 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Assume you're talking about Colt/Diemaco C7 pattern? A1/E2 style? Nodak sold out to JJE, parent company of Palmetto State Armory back in January and Mike from Nodak is now president of Harrington & Richardson (H&R), a brand now owned by JJE.

H&R launched recently as PSA's retro brand with Mike at the helm and they've been shipping parts for about six weeks now. C7 uppers are slated for production but will be end of the year at the soonest.

I snagged this legit C7 upper last month. Great config for sure

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I sold a few recently on Gunborker for stupid money, as in I was surprised they even hit my opening bid of 299,

retro is big money now (apparently)

keep an eye on the EE at AR15.com, as well as any local shows or shops,

you can sometimes find builds with them on them, for cheap, since everyone wants a flat top now,

(except the retro folks)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Colt/Diemaco C7 pattern is what I'm looking for over the current 603 style offered by H&R because of the brass deflector. Only takes a few times of getting hit with hot brass to know that having the deflector on the upper is the way to go.

“If the federal government is allowed to hold a monopoly on determining the extent of its own powers, we have no right to be surprised when it keeps discovering new ones.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 234 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: March 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Nodak sold out to JJE, parent company of Palmetto State Armory back in January...
Yes, and I think that's a shame.

DPMS used to offer a C7 upper receiver. I built a rifle with one. The upper was supposed to come with the teardrop forward assist but I asked the company I bought it from to change it out to the modern pattern.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
JJE also bought DPMS and Mike from Nodak I guess is also managing that and will be re-releasing product. Can’t be worse than the low years under Freedom Group

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I met some of the guys behind JJE and Palmetto State Armory at an industry event a few years ago.

Solid guys and they are true gun guys. Yes they are looking to make some money but they are also ardently pro-2a. One of them stated that they wanted to make AR15s so plentiful that attempting to ban them would be like banning grains of sand on the beach.

As for retro stuff, I was very fortunate to snag a real deal M16A1 kit 5 or 6 years ago and built a 603 clone with the help of John Thomas at retro arms works. He was able to fit a used and original FSB to a virgin new A1 profile barrel using the original taper pins.

I haven't been shopping for retro for a while but I am glad to hear that Nodak is still alive as part of JJE.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post