SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M400 Elite Pistol .300?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
M400 Elite Pistol .300? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have any info on this? I'm late to the party on SIG AR platforms, but I do know the 400s gone through some iterations. I saw that a "SIG Elite Rifle" was teased at Shot 2017 and they ran down ITS features. Does anyone know if this M400 pistol has all of those on board?

Does anyone know how the Enhanced differs from the Elite?

posted Hide Post
This is not in anyway a complaint, but an honest question. Is the lack of response to this thread despite all the views because the information requested is considererd to be common knowledge and therefore my qustion is trivial or because this variant of the M400 hasn't been out long enough for experience to roll in?

If SIG's website was worth a damn I could just get my info from them, but it's mostly pretty pictures and add copy. I see these things for sale, but can't find a review.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
What information are you looking for exactly?

I have a M400 300 BLK 9" Elite upper that works just fine. It's currently set up as a pistol but I also run it as a SBR. Only problem I have with it is that the muzzle profile is not conducive to non-Sig muzzle devices due to the Taper-LOK profile that doesn't have a 90-degree shoulder.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess while I have you, here's my questions. Bear in mind I'm not an AR guy and this would be my first one. I'm trying to puzzle out the pistols versions of the M400 from the MCX and a host of bullpups. I understand the diferenced between DI and Pistons, but I don't have an opinion.

1) How long has the Elite pistol been out? If SIG gave a damn, what generation would the Elite pistol represent?

2) What differentiates the "Elite" from the "Enhanced?"

3) Does the "Elite" Pistol have anything in common with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PmYMAexlA

4) Is there anything proprietary or can you change the upper on the M400 to swap calibers from .300 to 5.56? Are seperate uppers even available? I'd love the modularity without the apparent headaches of the MCX.

Thanks for your time!

navajas

I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
1) The 9" 300 BLK upper / pistol has been out for a few years, though I have no idea exactly when it was introduced. Elite has nothing to do with generations, it's simply a marketing term related to which doodads are included.

2) Again, it's just a marketing term referring to which doodads are included. Looks as if the Enhanced came with Magpul furniture and a fixed front sight. The SWAT comes with a quad rail and a fixed front sight. The Elite will come with a keymod rail and a low profile gas block.

3) Yes, they're both DI AR-platform guns. Both have keymod hand guards. I don't think the 300 BLK has a polished trigger, it's simply mil-spec, but you can put any trigger you want in it if you want something fancier.

4) Nothing proprietary. If you already own an AR you can simply swap barrels. If you already own an AR SBR or an AR pistol lower, you can buy the 9" 300 BLK upper directly from Sig - https://www.sigsauer.com/store...lite-semi-black.html

I've been contemplating swapping out the barrel that came with my upper for one that has a normal shoulder profile up front (most likely from BCM) so I can mount non-Sig suppressors to it.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Report This Post