SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    help me deck out my new Mossberg 590A1 SBS--suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help me deck out my new Mossberg 590A1 SBS--suggestions Login/Join 
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted
Hey everyone, I am getting this soon, besides a good tac light fore end, what else would you add, I have a broad budget and can spend a good bit.

this is what I am getting

https://www.mossberg.com/produ...action-6-shot-51689/

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I don’t have that exact model, but I stamped my Shockwave and put a Magpul stock on it. The only other thing I added was a GG&G sidesaddle.

I really like the MagPul stock. I don’t have long arms so the reduced LOP is perfect for me.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Some Velcro ammo cards
And a shorter LOP stock like a hogue or magpul
And a lightsource

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Definitely a good 6-round sidesaddle or ammo cards. Badass shotgun. Congrats!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Shells. Lots of shells full of buckshot.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Put some shells in it and go

I don't think it needs anything

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Light, shell holder on the receiver, a good sling, and ammo!!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I have the 8+1 590A1. You will love this one. I’d upgrade to a Vang Comp (or similar) safety button. I also upgraded to a nice stainless magazine tube follower. Magpul makes a nice 2 point sling. I didn't add a side saddle because mine is heavy enough when fully loaded.

Shoot it a lot to smooth her out!

EDIT: I also added the Magpul stock. It was a HUGE improvement.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at some different stocks, Magpul, Wilson Combat...
Toss a side saddle on it.
Surefire fore grip with a light.

Then get a ton of rounds: 00, 000, 8, slug... You name it. And shoot away!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
thanks fellas, I was really looking to get the 870, but they are super hard to get in SBS new since they shut down production

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I always liked the ergonomics of the 590 controls over the 870. The 590s also have dual extractors, rather than a single.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I totally lucked into my 870 Police Magnum SBS last march as corona was beginning. I am looking at some magpul furniture and an XS big dot sight for it. Enjoy that Mossy.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Broken record:

velcro ammo cards

Magpul stock

some way to attach a light

I really like the Magpul stock on my 870. The adjustable LOP is an absolute necessity, cause I don't know who they think uses these guns with longass gorilla arms as they come from the factory!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get the Hogue 12" LOP stock. Huge improvement if your under 6 feet tall or intend to wear any type of armor.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Magpul stock, aluminum safety, besides a good light and shot cards that’s prolly it

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I will post pics when I pick her up fellas !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

posted Hide Post
Some type of sling if you plan on carrying it.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post