SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger 10/22 extended mag releases?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 10/22 extended mag releases? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted
There seem to be a plethora of options. Can you tell me what is your favorite extended magazine release and why?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of going kidd. Though, i just like the looks.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the rifle is just going to be a bench gun, the Tactical Solutions extended magazine release is great.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I purchased an extended magazne release from a seller DBA "Gun and Surplus" on eBay.

f:0" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-...033!US!-1:rk:30Razzf:0

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I have a Kidd extended mag release on mine. I like it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I really like the Power Custom one I have on mine. I find it works best in combination with a larger base pad, dual mags or a larger magazines. Something to grab onto and help pull the mag out.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I generally go with the Power Custom titanium extended magazine release on the 10/22. It is simple and effective and does not look to busy unlike some of the newer designs. It has been around many moons.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...0-22-magnum-titanium

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the KIDD extended release. The kit comes with two options that are interchangeable using a set screw to make changing them easier. One is the long lever and another one shorter. I tried both options and like the extended one better. I chose it because it gave me options. I found the extended to work best for me during an Appleseed shoot when quick mag changes are needed on rapid fire strings. My nephews (10 & 13) also liked it so the extended release has stayed on the gun.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have an extended release on my Kidd Supergrade rifle and I like it a lot.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the Timber Creek one? I've used their AR parts to good effect.

https://timbercreekoutdoorsinc...1022-emr-1022-emr-xl

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got several, but I don't keep track of who made them, they were usually on sale when I bought the Vortquartzen spring kit at Midway or Brownell's ... All are plastic except one aluminum one. I've not shot any in competition except for the occasional "on-line" matches ... I've never had any issues with any of them, the extended mag is just more convenient than fumbling with the flush one that comes from the factory ... I like 10/22's ... and VW Bugs, they too can be about anything you want Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I don't like the long ones that come below the trigger guard. I like the VQ https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...r-10-22-10-22-magnum

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I have the factory Ruger Extended mag release on mine. Takes up less room and is easy to use.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Has anyone tried the Timber Creek one? I've used their AR parts to good effect.

https://timbercreekoutdoorsinc...1022-emr-1022-emr-xl

I went with this unit. It works great, installed without drama.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer