SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What Red Dot for a Ruger PCC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Red Dot for a Ruger PCC Login/Join 
posted
Recently purchased a Ruger PCC and am looking for suggestions for a red dot sight in the $125-225 range. The carbine is strictly a range “fun” gun. The steel targets will generally be between 40-50 meters. Looking for good quality optics and a good warranty should it go south. Also interested in trigger upgrades. Thanks, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got 3 Sig Romeo 5s and they are extremely sturdy, well made devices.

Check out this torture test to see how reliable they are.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flash - thanks for the recommendation, that’s the make and model I was looking at. Do you prefer a red or green dot? It looks like we live close to one another. I’m in North Phoenix, close to Ben Avery. Thanks again, Tom

Posts: 32 | Registered: May 21, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Romeo 5 on mine and I like it a lot.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3173 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.TJ:
Flash - thanks for the recommendation, that’s the make and model I was looking at. Do you prefer a red or green dot? It looks like we live close to one another. I’m in North Phoenix, close to Ben Avery. Thanks again, Tom

Red dot unless it's outside in brilliant light, then a green dot.

We're not really close if you're around Ben Avery. Looks to be around 60 miles or so.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holosun Paralow HS503G Red Dot Sight - ACSS CQB Reticle.

This one has the Primary Arms reticle with holdovers for various ranges. Works with 5.56/.308/.300BLK/.22LR/9mm

For 9mm the chevron is 25-100 yards (25 at top, 100 bottom) then 150, 175, 200.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may bring on some hate but,,

I run a Sitemark on my Ruger PCC. It offers both Green and Red allowing you to select during a match or range day. I've used it many times in Steel matches and it functions flawlessly. Normally, I'd run a Holosun but the Sitemark has been a champ. Considering the abuse a Ruger could run on a optic, I'm impressed. My .02 YMMV.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm now a big fan of Holosun. Great reticle and pricing on a solid product. I've got one for my Ruger Deerfield (44 mag semi auto carbine) and just put/sighted one on my M1 carbine (forward/scout mounted).

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my KT Sub2000 PCC and it works great. IIRC they are around $100

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went Vortex on my PCCs. One Crossfire red-dot (a best buy in my opinion), and a Spitfire AR 1X prism sight. I really like the prism best but the crossfire just works, and with the rheostat-type knob for operation and intensity just makes for a simple to operate unit.
Gotta love the lifetime warranty, as well!
The funny thing is that after using a set of Daniel Defense iron sights on one of my 9mm AR pistols I've come to prefer good old AR-type peep sights over the optics!
Oh well! Variety... spice of life...
FWIW!

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post