SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Springfield Hellion - new bullpup .223 rifle from Croatia
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Hellion - new bullpup .223 rifle from Croatia Login/Join 
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I have become addicted to bullpups and will get one when the feeding frenzy ends.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
In the below video, starting at around 0:50, you can see footage of Iraqi police forces utilizing the VHS-2's next-gen "Inshallah" indirect fire feature.

This nifty firing mode doesn't actually require you to aim at your target. Instead, you can just point the muzzle in the general direction of your target and pull the trigger, resulting in effective hits (if God wills it).

Hopefully, Springfield hasn't neutered this handy firing mode from the US civilian models.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How come Rob Leatham is not demonstrating. Does it have a Grip Zone?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Does it have a Grip Zone?

Nope. For this gun they outsourced grip production to BCM, and the grip designer at BCM isn't an idiot like the one at SAI. Big Grin

(Seriously, though... The Hellion uses a BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 grip, just like their Springfield Saint ARs do.)

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I don't like most bullpups. I think the Tavor has been one of the few exceptions. I think I like this one.

Not likely buying one, though. No budget for a $2k rifle.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope. For this gun they outsourced grip production to BCM, and the grip designer at BCM isn't an idiot like the one at SAI.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
tHANKS liked your comment.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say I was skeptical until I saw the Forgotten Weapons video. That is a very cool design, even though it fails in the aesthetic category.

Swappable magwell, the ease of converting from left to right ejection, the takedown, the layout of controls. Very cool.

Because of how easily parts come off, I'm seeing the potential for a lot of aftermarket modifications and replacement parts. An upper that didn't look like a FAMAS abortion would be nice.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
An upper that didn't look like a FAMAS abortion would be nice.

That style of upper is intended to provide protection for the top-mounted ambidextrous charging handle, while still allowing easy access. Other guns with top-mounted charging handles, like the original AR10, the FAMAS, the Type 95, and the G36, all have similar upper designs.

posted Hide Post
I don't understand the "protected" cocking handle. We don't put big railings on the sides of our AKs, to protect the cocking handles. How does a handle on the top have any greater chance of being a problem than one on the side? I think it might have more to do with an optic mounting option, than cocking handle protection.

Posts: 2133 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve wanted a bullpup rifle but I shoot long guns left-handed because I am left eye dominant and this has limited my options to a few specific models but this may be the ticket.

Also, it looks like something out of Star Wars so I want it.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slap a “be kind/rewind” sticker on the stock and you’re all set.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
An upper that didn't look like a FAMAS abortion would be nice.

That style of upper is intended to provide protection for the top-mounted ambidextrous charging handle, while still allowing easy access. Other guns with top-mounted charging handles, like the original AR10, the FAMAS, the Type 95, and the G36, all have similar upper designs.

I understand the purpose; I just don't see the point. The design has so many other easily ambidextrous or reversible features, so why not make the charging handle on the side and easily swapped to the other side? It seems like they could have gotten the top rail closer to the bore axis that way.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. People are bidding in excess of $3000 for these things.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks good to me

if it passes the 'poorly trained user' reliability test of 3rd world craphole nations -- it's probably pretty stout

--------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully, Springfield hasn't neutered this handy firing mode from the US civilian models.

Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Big Grin

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

What I found humorous about your guy (unlike some later in the video) was that he wasn’t even gaining any protection from shooting it that way. He was still just as exposed as if he’d been aiming and shooting, and maybe less. I wonder if he was so accustomed to shooting that way that he didn’t even think about cover.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one!

Can't buy one at the moment.

But I really want one. Looks like an awesome Bullpen.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Looks like an awesome Bullpen.

Or, an awesome Balrog.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Interesting. But not at the MSRP in my opinion.

I'll still take my AUG if I need to trip the light fantastic with a bullpup.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post