SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Finally got my dream gun today.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got my dream gun today. Login/Join 
posted
I have always wanted a Noveske 308 and this one came available NIB from a good friend today. She was a little speedy but way less than buying from a dealer. $2700 and a Ruger LCR in .22 mag. That price included the 2.5-10 Viper PST and ADM mount. It pays to give your buddies great deals as they always pay it back to you as well Big Grin.

It was raining when I took the pics, hence the raindrops.

My first two groups getting on paper with some cheap 147gr ball. I’ll be loading up some 168gr SMK to check for real accuracy next week.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats. Looks like it will be a tack driver.

I am not a Vortex fan but that one looks like it belongs on your rifle.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Sweet. Noveske makes great stuff.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Very nice Doc.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I want one

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
That is a really nice set up! I think you'll be quite pleased.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Those Noveske barrels really can shoot.

I had one for 556 in 1:7 that was 3/16 MOA all day long. Unreal. (Set in a LaRue upper, LMT lower.)

I was so impressed that I wrote both John and Mark and sent them photos.

My youngest son was hitting squarely at 1100 yds w that gun. Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Congrats that's a beauty and a hell of a good price.

I debated hard about getting one of these. Went LMT and it's solid. I always wonder what might have been. Looking forward to future results you get. There wasn't much 1st hand info on these out there when I was researching.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
My first two groups getting on paper with some cheap 147gr ball. I’ll be loading up some 168gr SMK to check for real accuracy next week.

Nice rifle. The SMK will be a better test of accuracy, especially at longer distances.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I had one for 556 in 1:7 that was 3/16 MOA all day long. Unreal.
My youngest son was hitting squarely at 1100 yds w that gun.

Well those are just amazingly results. Nice.
Since the rifle is capable of shooting in the 2's all day long, you must have dozens and dozens and dozens of targets which show its stunning accuracy. At all distances, out to many hundreds of yards. Please share photos.

What load for the 1100 yard shots? What MV and barrel length? At what altitude? I can only guess that due to the rifle's superb accuracy that it was multiple hits on a 10" or 12" plate.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing the pictures and stories. I agree with your encouraging sentiment. I also see where "fritzy" is coming from; 1/4 MOA is an astonishing statistic. Pictures of a severed thistle and your family behind the fabled weapon doesn't lend any credibility to you or the gun. I once shot a 3/4" three-shot group at 300m, with a SCAR16, with iron sights, off of nothing but a bag. Two other people witnessed it. I used to have the piece of target with those shots on it. Cool story, huh? It's 100% true, but no one really cares, because there's not any real evidence, and it's unreal.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is absolutely a community of like-minded folks. I wasn't relating my tale in an effort to prove the size of any piece of anatomy. If anything, I am admittedly jealous of your apparent consistent access to long range targetry. The weapon is certainly worthy of admiration as well, but isn't a build I would invest in personally. I can read; I merely opted to round to the nearest quarter inch. I am sorry you felt that I implied you were lying; neither of us are lying. I was merely drawing a comparison, in an effort to illustrate potential motivations for fritz' scepticism. I have never communicated directly with either manufacturer, though I have purchased more than five or six mounts from Larue. I have no doubt they both build fine rifles. I had a SUURG kit on order from Larue for over a year, until I recently cancelled it. It would have been my first rifle of his. I was honestly soured a bit on the brand, because of that experience, but will admittedly continue to get mounts from them.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your clarification.

(BTW, Fritz can go fuck himself sideways. Let him speak for his own boorish, rude, lame-ass self.)

The day I need to prove myself to anyone here is a long time coming; if ever.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post