SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Could MPX Mags Be Made By Anyone??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Could MPX Mags Be Made By Anyone?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Gen 1 mags work 100% in my Gen 2 pistol and carbine.

I've bought some here and there under $20.

Gen 2 mags pop up from time to time under $30.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I dropped Manticore arms a note on the MPX mags. Since I know they did ones for the EVO.

Their response:

quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Due to the seemingly constant changes to the MPX design (and even magazines) we have held off on that one, but yeah, a more reasonably priced magazine for that gun certainly would be nice!

Theres your answer folks.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of our EVO customers will admit that they would rather have the MPX--metal still rules in the mind of subgun owners, and even with just those lusting--but the budgetary hit in going with the SIG simply isn't in the cards.

I would argue it's not even necessarily the budget. I have a couple of scorpions and B&T's. I like the MPX, but as Manticore said and Sig has shown, they just keep changing their rifles. I don't wanna play in that world.

Plus, there is the "fun" factor. My PCC's are really just toys. If I ever needed a rifle for some serious reason, I'd always grab an AR before a PCC. So, to spend top dollar on a toy, when I can get a cheap one to go play around with...I'll just get the toy priced gun for toy type use.

So why get a B&T that is is more expensive than an MPX? I dunno, I guess I just feel like they'll be around a while.

When I was younger, my father got a two-tone Rolex Submariner with a black face and diamond markers. I always loved that watch. As an adult with a job now, I want to get that same watch. Guess what, they still make it, just like they did. The same damn thing. Longevity makes me feel comfortable in a sizable investment. I honestly think that hurts Sig rifle sales. At $2k, I wanna know that rifle will still be Sig's baby in 10 years. In 10 years, we all know Sig won't be selling a single rifle they currently sell (AR excluded obviously). There will be something "better," so why invest seriously money to watch my gun become old news?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Well said esdunbar. I just punted my MPX today as a matter of fact. I like the gun but I needed to free up some money for purchases and what you said was first and foremost why the gun went.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
On the other hand, there are those of us who depend on our MPX for HD. It is the easiest rifle (even 8") for me to quickly deploy and it shoots, for me better than anything I have.
Ergo, my interest in an aftermarket magazine. I guess that I will have to keep buying parts as they come available.
Thanks guys.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relative to the EVO and most AR-adaptations the MPX is a very expensive gun, and the gun is just the first expense. Many people will want to add some enhancements, and you are easily well over $2k. I expect it will be a long time before some company decides there is enough of a market to justify tooling up. When they do, I hope there is also a 40+ round mag that is reliable.

Also, I have two Gen2 MPXs. Gen1 mags are good for exercise in clearing jams, but are not reliable enough for more than plinking.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
How do you tell, or can you tell the difference between Gen1 & Gen2 if the mags are fully loaded??

Karma for the answer if it can be done. Cool

Banned
posted Hide Post
Please email me. Thanks

posted Hide Post
You can. The feed lips are different. The are relievef at the front on Gen1. I will take a picture this eveming.

----------------------------
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Sir Winston Churchill

"You are no more armed because you are wearing a pistol than you are a musician because you own a guitar." Jeff Cooper

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Got it. Thanks a ton., I am going to need to get the Gen 1 mags in the ammo bag ..