SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need instruction on improving 10/22 feeding, esp. with 25rd mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need instruction on improving 10/22 feeding, esp. with 25rd mags Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I have a Ruger 10/22 with fewer than 500rds through it. With the 25 rd Ruger mags, I get a few jams with each one using a variety of ammo. The factory 10 rd mags seem more reliable, but occasionally have a hiccup.

Anything I can do to improve the feeding/cycling?

I've tried most of the major brands of ammo.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Same - it depends on which 10/22 I'm using and the ammo, but the 10rds are consistently more reliable with my Takedown. My 1974 Carbine does better with the 25s, but still not as good as the 10rds.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s because of the rimmed case. The rotary mags were made just for that.
Rimmed cartridges don’t do so well in a stacked mag

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I use the Butler Creek Metal lip 25 round mags and have had very few problems.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Zero issues with my 25rd mags, and I don't recall hearing of widespread problems. This sounds like a rifle problem to me, no?

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post