SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    **Update…page 2** Black Rain Ordnance Fallout AR-10... experience, opinions, concerns?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Update…page 2** Black Rain Ordnance Fallout AR-10... experience, opinions, concerns? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Your light primer strikes are definitely disappointing. I don't recall experiencing them on centerfire ammo, thus I am doing some guessing here.

IMO there shouldn't be a break in period on an AR10. Clean & lube the BCG. Make certain there's a bit of oil on the firing pin, and that the firing pin goes all the way forward. Meaning that it can really dent a case. It's possible that there's some gunk that doesn't allow the firing pin to move all the way forward. You can check & clean the chamber, although I wouldn't bet that's the root cause.

I've heard people state that some military primers are really hard, which can lead to light strikes. I don't know if that applies to the ammo you used.

I know nothing of BRO triggers. I have a Wilson Combat single stage in mine -- it is outstanding.

Thanks.... I checked to make sure it projected out of the front of the bolt face, and it does. I did remove the pin to clean & lube. It seems to move freely. I don't believe the ammo uses military primers.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you're getting light strikes on an AR, the first thing to check is whether the hammer spring was installed upside down.

The legs should be on top, not on the bottom.

Subjectively it doesn’t appear that the hammer spring lacks strength.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post