SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Have you seen Sako's updated TRG rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you seen Sako's updated TRG rifles? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
"THE SAKO TRG has spent the last two decades building its reputation in theaters and agencies around the globe as the finest production sniper platform available. When the mission comes first, the SAKO TRG delivers a sniper platform that meets the needs of durability, reliability, innovation, and accuracy to survive and perform in the harshest environments. The TRG A1 series represents decades of refinement and innovation, bringing to life feedback from multiple militaries and agencies around the world. "

"Updates to the TRG 22/42 A1 rifle include:
Ultimate adaptability on the folding stock with quick adjustments
Fully adjustable trigger
A 15” aluminum M-Lok forend for accessories, and 30MOA 1913 Picatinny rail for optics or vision device attachment.
The TRG 22/42 A1 rifles now come standard with two magazines and is available in 4 colorways. With a guaranteed sub-MOA out-of-the-box performance, the TRG 22/42 A1 come ready to engage at any distance in the harshest environments."

https://www.sako.fi/en-us/trg-a1

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My reaction when I first saw them was, “Yeah, you finally got with the 21st century.” The earlier ones (I had two) were excellent guns, but were sorely lacking in the features that any self-respecting precision rifle had. Europeans in general can be very conservative about such things: “That’s the way we make them, and if you don’t recognize that they’re the best the way they are, you’re just stupid and don’t deserve to own one of our guns.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a (or really was) TRG addict. I own lots of them in all the calibers. They have served me well and are great examples of the last generation of guns made by real people. At the time some of their features were hard to duplicate in other brands like the integrated accessories (bipod, folding stock, sling mounts, etc.). but time has passed and SAKO has lost the battle to others and perhaps more importantly to standards that make the integrated system that Sako previously offered not really relevant.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
PRS rifles have evolved a bit during the last 25+ years. This rifle does have a few nice features. If I was in the market for a modern rifle, this does look good. But I do have to ask what does it do that my pre-Freedom Group Rem700VS in .308 can. And it typically comes down to the stock/chassis.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like a nice rifle. And I bet its well built and thought out as are all SAKO products as well as pricey. But at this point don't we need interchangeable calibers like AI or Barrett. or something that's a bit useful above the zillion other options?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
My reaction when I first saw them was, “Yeah, you finally got with the 21st century.” The earlier ones (I had two) were excellent guns, but were sorely lacking in the features that any self-respecting precision rifle had. Europeans in general can be very conservative about such things: “That’s the way we make them, and if you don’t recognize that they’re the best the way they are, you’re just stupid and don’t deserve to own one of our guns.”

Better late than never, huh? Eek

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good. I've never owned or fired a Sako, but I sat on the fence with them years ago. Went GAP instead. Wouldn't mind having one that's for sure.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
The Coyotte Brown looks good.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The new ones are aggressive looking for sure. If they are as precise as my early gen TRG, then they are a sweet package.
This is my old TRG21

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post