SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ohio ordinance 30-06 semi auto rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio ordinance 30-06 semi auto rifle Login/Join 
posted
https://www.oowinc.com/exclusi...o/h-c-a-r-package-2/

Who is filling that gap in their collection with the new H.C.A.R. ?

There are a few YouTubes about them

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Looks like a pretty neat rifle.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
six THOUSAND plus dollars?

Does it come with an auto-fellate option?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's M.S.R.P..
Probably $5,199.00 to $5,299.00
On sale
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched Thumbs video and it looks great but that's out of reach for me. To much money.
I'll have to stick to my Garand for a 30-06 semi auto.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
It's a cool idea, but for that kind of money I'd rather have the BAR reproduction that they make. Then again, for that kind of money, I'll never own either so it's a moot point. I've got two nice Garands, though, which are probably better shooters than that big heavy thing anyway.

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Always wanted a Garand, never upgraded from a sporterized 1917 Eddystone though.
I haven't shot that in ages, got ammo for it somewhere.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have an Eddystone 1917 and a Remington 03A3 as well. Interesting guns, and fun to shoot. The -06 is a great caliber!

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
It's a cool idea, but for that kind of money I'd rather have the BAR reproduction that they make. Then again, for that kind of money, I'll never own either so it's a moot point.

Same here. Shot both the BAR and Thompson M1 in the Navy and always wanted but could never afford the full auto ones. The semi-auto versions just seem so neutered and are still too expensive.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 953 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a cool idea, but for that kind of money I'd rather have the BAR reproduction that they make. Then again, for that kind of money, I'll never own either so it's a moot point. I've got two nice Garands, though, which are probably better shooters than that big heavy thing anyway.

I have an OOW M1918A1 clone. The thing is a beast but, it beautifully made, totally reliable, and is a great shooter. The military put some really nice sights on it. I was told by an old vet that they are a PITA to disassemble for cleaning. He was not lying.

Posts: 4019 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have one.
Not for $5-6 Thousand!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8314 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
quote:

I have an OOW M1918A1 clone. The thing is a beast but, it beautifully made, totally reliable, and is a great shooter. The military put some really nice sights on it. I was told by an old vet that they are a PITA to disassemble for cleaning. He was not lying.

That is cool as heck! Lol about the disassembly...I can only imagine! How does it compare to the Garand and other more traditional rifles for shooting standing unsupported?

Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I REALLY want one of these things. If for no other reason than to convince OOW to keep making them.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I REALLY want one of these things. If for no other reason than to convince OOW to keep making them

See, when you put it like that it's almost like it's my civic duty to buy one Big Grin.

posted Hide Post
The rifle isn't new, as the webz has reviews from early 2015.

Quality rifles are expensive. If it is truly a quality rifle, then its price may be within the reasonable realm. But expensive none the less.

Regardless of the recoil systems used, a rifle chambered in 30-06 will produce enough recoil that average shooter can't shoot it accurately. They just haven't developed the fundamentals of marksmanship. Look no further than the ongoing accuracy challenge discussions for AR15 rifles. Any gun forum has examples, including Sigforum. People struggle even more to shoot AR10s accurately in 6CM, 6.5CM, and especially 308 Win. 30-06 is just the next rung up in dealing with recoil.

Bottom line -- I give it a solid "meh". I'll take my AR15s and AR10s every day and twice on Sunday.

Posts: 7846 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is cool as heck! Lol about the disassembly...I can only imagine! How does it compare to the Garand and other more traditional rifles for shooting standing unsupported?

From the bench, sandbags, or the bipod easy to shoot. Because of the weight full
Power military M2 ball loads are a breeze in reference to recoil. Standing off hand? You’ll needs some breaks to empty the 20 round mag. Your arms start to get a little shaky.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Decker:
quote:
quote:

I REALLY want one of these things. If for no other reason than to convince OOW to keep making them.

I should clarify I have the M1918A2 clone
Not the A1. Sorry about that. I don’t know how much longer OOW will build them. The receivers and some of the guys inside are b manufactured by them but the other parts are GI surplus. OOW makes sure they are nice and in spec and refinishes them beautifully. But, they haven’t made BAR parts in many many years an I believe when they are OOW may end that line of rifle.

Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I have one of the early HCAR's from when OOW first brought them out and let buyers order with a custom serial number. They were also less expensive, not a ton but some. When I ordered, I added in a couple extra magazines which ran about $100 each I think.

As soon as I shot it, the sticker shock disappeared. Very accurate, runs 100% on the Greek surplus ammo that was readily available at the time. Recoil really is tamed, somewhat due to the weight but their "hydraulic" recoil system really does work as claimed. It makes 30-06 a joy to shoot, perhaps feeling recoil wise more like a .243 or similar.

I just recently got around to putting a Sig .338qd mount on it, so I'm anxious to getting it out with the can on it here at some point to see how it does.

It's definitely not my "one and done" rifle, as it's heavy, large and proprietary to itself in many ways. That said, when you have the ability to hammer away with .06 rounds, coming from a sustained 20 or 30 round mag, it certainly brings a smile.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inspcalahan:
I have one of the early HCAR's from when OOW first brought them out and let buyers order with a custom serial number. They were also less expensive, not a ton but some. When I ordered, I added in a couple extra magazines which ran about $100 each I think.

As soon as I shot it, the sticker shock disappeared. Very accurate, runs 100% on the Greek surplus ammo that was readily available at the time. Recoil really is tamed, somewhat due to the weight but their "hydraulic" recoil system really does work as claimed. It makes 30-06 a joy to shoot, perhaps feeling recoil wise more like a .243 or similar.

I just recently got around to putting a Sig .338qd mount on it, so I'm anxious to getting it out with the can on it here at some point to see how it does.

It's definitely not my "one and done" rifle, as it's heavy, large and proprietary to itself in many ways. That said, when you have the ability to hammer away with .06 rounds, coming from a sustained 20 or 30 round mag, it certainly brings a smile.

I completely agree with the above post. The only thing I can add is that I have shot a full auto 1918A2 extensively. Mostly from a bench, but a lot of prone and sitting. It is my all time favorite rifle. It is not a hunting rifle or for offhand target shooting. But it is just a heck of a lot of fun. Shooting from a bench and bouncing around steel silhouettes at 1 or 2 hundred yards is great.

Posts: 616 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I REALLY want one of these things. If for no other reason than to convince OOW to keep making them

See, when you put it like that it's almost like it's my civic duty to buy one Big Grin.

Right? Cool

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post