SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    But they just aren't accurate rifles... (I didn't get the memo)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

But they just aren't accurate rifles... (I didn't get the memo) Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Most of the match rifles I build shoot somewhere between 0.5 MOA and 1.25 MOA, but occasionally I get the fluke rifle that shoots exceptionally well. This was shooting around 1 MOA during the scope zeroing procedure, then I shot a 3-shot group for accuracy baseline. I just about fell over after I shot an honest cloverleaf which came in around 1/4"!

This one is a LRB M14NM with a Kreiger medium weight SS barrel and unitized gas cylinder bedded into a Minelli stock using Pro-Bed 2000.

The load was 43 grains of IMR-4064 using Nosler 168 grain blemished CC's. Do I expect this rifle to shoot 1/4" groups back to back; no. But I'll take a group like this when I get it. Anyway, just sharing a satisfying day at the range.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5432 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Nice! Keep that up and you'll need to stock up on refrigerator door magnets.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I would love a Garand that would group like that. Nice shooting rifle sir.

Posts: 17929 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looking good, Krieger makes a solid product.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6991 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post