SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marlin Spikehorn and it’s baby brother in .357 Mag

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Spikehorn and it’s baby brother in .357 Mag Login/Join 
posted
This is a pretty rare JM marked Spikehorn made in 2000. She is very handy with the 16” barrel. The blueing is stunning on this gun. The 357 I got from a guy right before the crazy pandemic for $625Big Grin. She is not a safe queen and has been around the block but cleaned up well and is an incredible shooter.

Posts: 899 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice, that thing is a beauty! Love that 16" Barrel!

Posts: 5805 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I love the shorter barreled lever action rifles.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 14556 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, so handy in brush! It’s a beaut!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 2218 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real steel and walnut. Gorgeous!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 13501 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very nice pair of Marlins. I would feel good carrying either one of those around. Well done!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2463 | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I didn't know JM guns were made into the 2000s. Interesting. I can't think of more fun that shooting pistol rounds out of a quality lever gun. Enjoy that for sure.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 7473 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Is it light enough for short or longer hikes in the woods and mountains ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 7473 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Very nice. I didn't know JM guns were made into the 2000s. Interesting. I can't think of more fun that shooting pistol rounds out of a quality lever gun. Enjoy that for sure.

Remington purchased Marlin in 2010 if I remember correctly, so up until then, the guns would have been still made by Marlin. I think a handful of barrels went to Remington as well, so there are a few Remington made guns with JM marked barrels.

They are both light enough to tote on a hunt all day.

Posts: 899 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post