SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Marlin Spikehorn and it’s baby brother in .357 Mag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Spikehorn and it’s baby brother in .357 Mag Login/Join 
posted
This is a pretty rare JM marked Spikehorn made in 2000. She is very handy with the 16” barrel. The blueing is stunning on this gun. The 357 I got from a guy right before the crazy pandemic for $625Big Grin. She is not a safe queen and has been around the block but cleaned up well and is an incredible shooter.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice, that thing is a beauty! Love that 16" Barrel!

Posts: 8540 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I love the shorter barreled lever action rifles.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, so handy in brush! It’s a beaut!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real steel and walnut. Gorgeous!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Very nice pair of Marlins. I would feel good carrying either one of those around. Well done!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2753 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I didn't know JM guns were made into the 2000s. Interesting. I can't think of more fun that shooting pistol rounds out of a quality lever gun. Enjoy that for sure.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Is it light enough for short or longer hikes in the woods and mountains ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Very nice. I didn't know JM guns were made into the 2000s. Interesting. I can't think of more fun that shooting pistol rounds out of a quality lever gun. Enjoy that for sure.

Remington purchased Marlin in 2010 if I remember correctly, so up until then, the guns would have been still made by Marlin. I think a handful of barrels went to Remington as well, so there are a few Remington made guns with JM marked barrels.

They are both light enough to tote on a hunt all day.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I bought a gun yesterday I really didn’t need, a 70’s ‘JM’ Marlin 336 in 30-30.

The son has an older ‘project gun’(rust) in 30-30, thought I needed another to check ammo & loads. The one I bough was local & rather minty.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, those are nice!

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yeah I like the 30-30…a lot!

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post