SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Beretta A300 Ultima
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta A300 Ultima Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
would that be offered in 20g ?
12 is just bit too much of recoil still for folks under 130 lb with less upper body strength.

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I don't think 20ga is available yet, but there are several companies that offer low-recoil shells. I just picked up some from Fiocchi, but haven't tried them im my A400 Upland yet.

quote:
Originally posted by platform:
12 is just bit too much of recoil still for folks under 130 lb with less upper body strength.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6045 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:
I don't think 20ga is available yet, but there are several companies that offer low-recoil shells. I just picked up some from Fiocchi, but haven't tried them im my A400 Upland yet.

quote:
Originally posted by platform:

True. You can also pick up some of the cheap promotional shells with 7/8 ounce loads of shot that recoil like a 20 gauge.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Reptilia is making a saddle mount for these to mount the Holosun 509T just like that ACRO mount.
Should be available in July.

Thinking of selling my 870 to snag one of these.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Thinking of selling my 870 to snag one of these.

Nah, just get one of these in addition.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1301 tactical. Biggest complaint I have with it is the plastic magazine tube clamp. Has anyone found an aluminum solution that isn't super clunky? I'd like to have a solid platform that I can get a light and sling mounted to that is forward of the handguard. Cost is also a concern, as Aridus stuff is crazy expensive.

Posts: 714 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:
I have a 1301 tactical. Biggest complaint I have with it is the plastic magazine tube clamp. Has anyone found an aluminum solution that isn't super clunky? I'd like to have a solid platform that I can get a light and sling mounted to that is forward of the handguard. Cost is also a concern, as Aridus stuff is crazy expensive.

GG&GAZ.COM has a replacement aluminum tube cover + metal clamp for the 1301 tactical for $77. This metal clamp does not have built in m-lock and swivel stud mount like the stock plastic clamp. If you want a pic rail for a light and a sling loop, they also sell a mount that fits betweenthe forend and mag tube cover for around $30.

Personally.I see no actual problem with the 1301's plastic tube cover and clamp(other than aesthetics). It's one of the reasons why the 1301 is so light. Why heavy it up? Any hit likely to truly damage the stock thick plastic cover is just as likely to damage a thin aluminum cover. To fix any sliding/movement issues with the stock clamp, just make sure the clamp butts up against the rear of the front sight base and recoil won't move it anymore. No it aint as pretty as metal, but I've never heard of "toughness" issues with the stock plastic tube cover and clamp and the 1301 has been out long enough it would be widespread if they were actually fragile. That being said, I DO under stand and share the wish that they were metal from the factory (considering the price), but I don't think it's worth the extra cash to change it.

FYI, if you like really short stocks with a traditional look/feel (as compared to a Magpul stock) on a 1301, the Hogue Mossberg overmold 500/590 12"stock fits on the Mossberg adaptors (both GGG or Aridus) perfectly. This combo has a slightly shorter LOP than even the shortest setting on the Magpul SGA + adaptor. This WONT work with the A300 because the recoil return spring is in the stock, unlike the 1301 which has it all under the forend.

Posts: 4344 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
quote:
Originally posted by HKAngusKL:

GG&GAZ.COM has a replacement aluminum tube cover + metal clamp for the 1301 tactical for $77. This metal clamp does not have built in m-lock and swivel stud mount like the stock plastic clamp. If you want a pic rail for a light and a sling loop, they also sell a mount that fits betweenthe forend and mag tube cover for around $30.

Personally.I see no actual problem with the 1301's plastic tube cover and clamp(other than aesthetics). It's one of the reasons why the 1301 is so light. Why heavy it up? Any hit likely to truly damage the stock thick plastic cover is just as likely to damage a thin aluminum cover. To fix any sliding/movement issues with the stock clamp, just make sure the clamp butts up against the rear of the front sight base and recoil won't move it anymore. No it aint as pretty as metal, but I've never heard of "toughness" issues with the stock plastic tube cover and clamp and the 1301 has been out long enough it would be widespread if they were actually fragile. That being said, I DO under stand and share the wish that they were metal from the factory (considering the price), but I don't think it's worth the extra cash to change it.

FYI, if you like really short stocks with a traditional look/feel (as compared to a Magpul stock) on a 1301, the Hogue Mossberg overmold 500/590 12"stock fits on the Mossberg adaptors (both GGG or Aridus) perfectly. This combo has a slightly shorter LOP than even the shortest setting on the Magpul SGA + adaptor. This WONT work with the A300 because the recoil return spring is in the stock, unlike the 1301 which has it all under the forend.
I was a bit concerned when I took off the plastic clamp and added a rail section for a protac light and a QD point for a sling. I am pretty sure that the clamp will let go under recoil if I attempt to deploy a two point sling on it. I may be able to get away with just using a light on it and not anchor the sling there. It would have been cool for Beretta to have included a better clamp setup, but for now I am not gonna mess with it and just shoot the thing.

Posts: 714 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Nordic Components just came out with this replacement tube and metal clamp for the 1301, gonna guess the A300 version will follow shortly. Personally I like the looks of it a lot better than the GG&G one, and can vouch for their quality, having many different NC parts in various guns.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
What is that pattern? I'd love to find one of those!

quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Added a Magpul QD sling in Wolf Gray, Aimpoint Acro P2 and Reptilia mount.
Makes for a nice complement to my 1301 Tactical Marine

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6045 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
That is the factory Tiger Stripe pattern.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
That is the factory Tiger Stripe pattern.

Phone's ringing, Dude.