SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Beretta A300 Ultima
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beretta A300 Ultima Login/Join 
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Saw two for sale in Sevierville, a black and a grey one. Handed them for a bit and doomed myself to buy one. They were priced 999 for the black and 899 for the grey.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Saw two for sale in Sevierville, a black and a grey one. Handed them for a bit and doomed myself to buy one. They were priced 999 for the black and 899 for the grey.

Seems to be a great price for the grey. Most online retailers have them for $950.00 - $1,000.00 and constantly out of stock. Haven't found a stocking dealer locally.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great gun. I'm not interested only because I already own a 1201FP. It kicks like a mule because it is very light and it is inertia recoil, but it has also been 100% reliable and the light weight is a good thing for carrying.

I also have an AL390 and AL391 field guns. These are gas operated and soft shooters. Very reliable too.

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to testing one out. It checks all the boxes for me, now I just need to see one in the wild Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I love Beretta shotguns. I have a couple 390s And an A400
I have the Benelli M4 but it's a lot heavier than this gun
I like the Patrol model a lot

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9072 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Added a Magpul QD sling in Wolf Gray, Aimpoint Acro P2 and Reptilia mount.
Makes for a nice complement to my 1301 Tactical Marine

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Great looking gun, congrats!
Was it at your LGS or online somewhere?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Online. No deals to be had on the tiger striped ones....not even Beretta employees could buy them

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Got one in gray on order from Palmetto State Armory Smile

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Took delivery today. Won't get a chance to shoot it for a bit, but here's what I know so far:

The choke is indeed interchangeable, but mine only came with IC installed and no extras.

Won't have much use for the forward sling adapter, and am thinking of just taking it off and storing it. Looks like a weak link to me.

No user's manual included - you have to view or download if from Beretta.com. Maybe that's how things have been for a while with everybody, but it's new to me and I would rather get a physical copy with the gun.

Range report to follow.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
So nize! Selling my body parts on the black market to buy one. Think I want the grey or black multicam.

Posts: 6014 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I love tactical shotguns! I own the Beretta 1301 Tactical, Beretta A300 Ultima Tactical and I just added a Mossberg 940 Tactical. All three are great shotguns!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great choice. We FINALLY had one of the Patrols come into the shop recently, after continually prodding and badgering our Beretta rep for them. Seems very well built, with only a minor fitting issue with the stock to the receiver that I would chalk up to the mad rush of getting these out into dealers' hands. Feels a LOT like the more expensive 1301 Tactical; if this had been available when I bought my 1301 I'm not so sure that I would've went with the pricier Beretta. Although it should be noted that after discounting inflation, supply chain excuses and pandemics, once upon a time not that long ago the 1301 Tactical used to price out for less than what the supposedly lesser Patrol now is offered up for.

Still, given the current company that these tactical A300s compete with, it does seem like it's a darn good bargain.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Is taking everything apart to clean this gas system really necessary every time, or can one just spray some scrubber from the receiver end and follow with a bore snake every couple hundred rounds? I mean, it is described as a self cleaning piston after all.

I ask because while it isn't too bad to field strip, there are some aspects that are fiddly. Not Ruger MKII level, but getting there.

posted Hide Post
Ordered one through Sportsman’s Whse, should get it 5/10, unless that date gets bumped.

Posts: 189 | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I just had the opportunity to shoot one of these last Friday. Beretta had a booth at Reed’s Gun Fair in MN. Was a blast shooting at silhouettes and clays. Very smooth, well balanced and love the controls. It’s definitely been added to the list!

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had one of the A300 Patrols in black at the shop very briefly last week. I'm not a huge shotgun guy, but I really like the Berettas so I bought a 1301 Comp a couple years back. Although the A300 patrol was a good looking gun I didn't see the need to get one since I already had the 1301, but now that I see the tiger stripe one I might need to add it to the collection. PGT's shotgun is sexy

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Added a Magpul QD sling in Wolf Gray, Aimpoint Acro P2 and Reptilia mount.
Makes for a nice complement to my 1301 Tactical Marine

Any modification needed for that that Reptila mount or does it just replace the rail section?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
swaps right on; designed for this platform and Beretta showed it on their SHOT Show demo guns

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looks super clean. I really like the ACRO and Steiner MPS on shotguns.
Vang Comp makes a mount for these optics for the 870 but it is not nearly as clean looking.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post