SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Accurized M14/M25 Build
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accurized M14/M25 Build Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
All I need is the stock!! I'm waiting until the "end of the year" (according to MDT) for the new production JAE chassis.

I did, however, just get in my US Optics FDN-10 scope and mounted it up with Badger Ordnance rings. It is 1.8-10x, red illumination, internal level, and JNG MIL reticle. LOVE IT.

I've been building this damn rifle for around 10 years and am ALMOST THERE.

Other items:

LRB M25 receiver
LRB bolt
Krieger heavy barrel
Smiths Vortex flash hider
Smiths NM rear sight
Sadlak TiN gas piston
Sadlak guide rod
USGI trigger group tuned by Charles Mahoney
Unified gas cylinder/front band (welded)
Wolfe Gas-Lock Adjustable Front Sight

Likely some other goodies I can't think of at the moment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flesheatingvirus,

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Looking good, my man! What's your plan to install the op-rod guide? Are you going to install it with or without drilling the roll pin holes? Sometimes you get lucky enough that it's a press-fit and doesn't require holes at all.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Looking good, my man! What's your plan to install the op-rod guide? Are you going to install it with or without drilling the roll pin holes? Sometimes you get lucky enough that it's a press-fit and doesn't require holes at all.

Tony.

Funny you should ask, I was planning on sending it to you if drilling was needed. How can I tell? If the guide slips into position on the barrel and can be removed by hand, I assumed drilling and pinning was necessary.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:

Tony.

Funny you should ask, I was planning on sending it to you if drilling was needed. How can I tell? If the guide slips into position on the barrel and can be removed by hand, I assumed drilling and pinning was necessary.

If you can install it and remove it by hand, and rotate it, it needs to be knurled and drilled. I can do this with just the barreled action, the gas cylinder and the op-rod. I use a 1-1/4" pipe and slide it over the muzzle (tape the crown so it doesn't get dinged).

I use a mallet or a 2# sledge to hammer the guide on. I get it started and check alignment, and use a small hammer to knock it left or right to get it aligned. Once it's aligned, I finish hammering the guide on and do a final alignment check.

I can install it in a week if you need.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Excellent barrel choice.

Like the looks of that scope too.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6966 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments, Pete.

Benny, I’ll shoot you an email with additional questions on your services.