SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    The Latest Must-Have AR15 Accessory
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Latest Must-Have AR15 Accessory Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted
This flame thrower will be on your Christmas list.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...barrel-flamethrower/

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Finally! A competitor to the rail mounted chainsaw!

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this ridiculous accessory is illegal to own under the destructive devices clause of the BATFE rules? They may allow it if the owner applies for an NFA tax stamp.

If not, you can bet it will be resticted, eventually.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Perfectly legal. They even bring Army surplus ones to some of the larger shoots.

https://throwflame.com/#:~:tex...%20an%20FFL%20dealer.

In the USA Flamethrowers are federally unregulated and not even considered a firearm (ironic) by the BATF. No need for any NFA tax stamps, weapons licensing or even an FFL dealer. It’s the purchaser’s responsibility to ascertain that ownership and or use does not violate any state or local laws or regulations. Check out our FAQ page for information on international deliveries.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
Perfectly legal. They even bring Army surplus ones to some of the larger shoots.

https://throwflame.com/#:~:tex...%20an%20FFL%20dealer.

In the USA Flamethrowers are federally unregulated and not even considered a firearm (ironic) by the BATF. No need for any NFA tax stamps, weapons licensing or even an FFL dealer. It’s the purchaser’s responsibility to ascertain that ownership and or use does not violate any state or local laws or regulations. Check out our FAQ page for information on international deliveries.

I'll take your word on this as I am not interested in buying one.
Thanks.

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
They certainly don’t look appropriate for home defense. You’ll burn your house down.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
After the riots I considered picking up one of the Type 74 flamethrowers, for no particular reason.

Posts: 9952 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
They certainly don’t look appropriate for home defense. You’ll burn your house down.

That depends.

Posts: 2659 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine owns and runs the business-Exo thermic Tech.. He started with the handheld flame thrower as he is a retired fireman I worked with for years,who wanted something better for wild land fires,instead of the old drip cans we have used which are becoming obsolete. He thought he would try something a little different for fun,if the flame thrower is not fun enough, with this new item. He is apparently doing really well and Davidson's has made a deal with him to make somethings for them. I have to say he has the best warranty in the business as he prides himself on customer service. I have seen some of the returned flame throwers that were trashed by the owners saying this,that or the other was not working right and he replaced them no questions asked. A similar company would not warranty anything like what was returned due to owners messing with the units but he did. He has a few videos on youtube showing his wares.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
A friend of mine owns and runs the business-Exo thermic Tech.. He started with the handheld flame thrower as he is a retired fireman I worked with for years,who wanted something better for wild land fires,instead of the old drip cans we have used which are becoming obsolete. He thought he would try something a little different for fun,if the flame thrower is not fun enough, with this new item. He is apparently doing really well and Davidson's has made a deal with him to make somethings for them. I have to say he has the best warranty in the business as he prides himself on customer service. I have seen some of the returned flame throwers that were trashed by the owners saying this,that or the other was not working right and he replaced them no questions asked. A similar company would not warranty anything like what was returned due to owners messing with the units but he did. He has a few videos on youtube showing his wares.

The first time I saw it, I thought it would be awesome for fire breaks and wondered if the guy who developed it was a hotshot. If selling to the firearms crowd funds it, I'm all for it.

First time I ever saw one was on Lassie (Nick at Nite. I used to think that meant I wasn't old because I didn't see the original airings.. now that some of my students ask what Nick at Nite is I realize that's not the case...)

https://youtu.be/U5P4TASYKd4?t=795

Here's the video. Smile

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

I can image Joe Biden's head exploding if he knew this. Smile

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post