SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    which 9mm cz evo? ar platform 9mm ?? sig mpx gen1 or 2??
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

which 9mm cz evo? ar platform 9mm ?? sig mpx gen1 or 2?? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A true Colt 9mm AR will feed anything. Period.
Other variations may or may not.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
I've shot a Colt 9mm Commando, a Scorpion Evo, and an MPX.

I own an MPX, but only because I am married to the AR manual of arms. Minus that - I like the MPX better than the EVO, but not as much as the price difference.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I recently picked up a B&T GHM9 and I absolutely love it. I have a Scorpion SBR that I also like, but I much prefer the B&T.

Either way, you can get a Franklin Armory binary trigger that make them a blast to shoot.

This post MADE ME get a Binary trigger for my Scorpion EVO ... It came in the mail yesterday, I installed it last night and went to the range at lunch today ...

Me oh my!

I've got 2 binarys in AR's (one Franklin, one ECHO) and one in an HK MP5K clone ... The CZ is the best of them all ... If you own a Scorpion and don't have a binary trigger in it, you only realize 1/2 the potential of the weapon. You don't have to do mag dumps (although they are easy) just doing double taps is incredibly fast.

By the way, I also own a Colt M16, HK registered sear and a M11/nine and this binary really impressed me. The Franklin AR is finicky to tune but is great once you get it dialed in and it works well with conversions like the 22LR & 9mm. The ECHO is great long as you're only shooting 223 or 300BO, it doesn't play well with conversions as it depends on a M16 bolt carrier.

The HK seems to be more ammo sensitive, full power ammo works best and subsonic with a suppressor is pretty good ...

I can't speak to the BT GHM9 (but I know it's much more expensive) ... So I can say with complete confidence, dollar for dollar, the the Scorpion EVO with a binary trigger is the schizzel ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
kimber,
thanks sir.i had narrowed my choice down to a mpx,or cz.
i want a nice reliable gun.
I dont mind paying more if the value is there.
I agree with you,especially after your last post.The cz for the money is the all around 9mm for me.
All cmodels and variations presented here will work.
I guess that is the luxury of this great forum
When you ask for advice,there is a wealth of good ,honest upfront advice,with a lot of hands on expert opinions
I sure like your binary trigger choice.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bart Noir:
For a soft recoil, without the price of MP5 look-alike, consider the Guard pistol from CMMG. It is a delayed blowback in the beloved AR format, using Glock 9mm magazines.

The delay is due to having actual locking lugs, similar to AR but not as fully locked. These bolts are cut with a bevel so they don't have as good a grip on the barrel extension, compared to the AR. The gas pressure on the bolt makes it rotate just enough to unlock which lengthens the recoil period. So it feels softer. Or so I am told. Have not fired one.

Bart Noir

I just bought one last week. I got a great deal on a used one and it is a great gun. Probably the best of the AR9 type PCCs.

My biggest fear after years of shooting MP5s and MPXs was that it would be too much like a true blowback. It is actually a very soft shooter and I would definitely recommend it if you have a bunch of Glock mags like me.

The only thing I want to do to it is to put in a better trigger. It has a pretty crappy mil spec trigger in it so I’d like to get a CMC or an Elfman 9mm specific trigger for it.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
quote:
For a soft recoil, without the price of MP5 look-alike, consider the Guard pistol from CMMG. It is a delayed blowback in the beloved AR format, using Glock 9mm magazines.

The delay is due to having actual locking lugs, similar to AR but not as fully locked. These bolts are cut with a bevel so they don't have as good a grip on the barrel extension, compared to the AR. The gas pressure on the bolt makes it rotate just enough to unlock which lengthens the recoil period. So it feels softer. Or so I am told. Have not fired one.

Bart Noir

I just bought one last week. I got a great deal on a used one and it is a great gun. Probably the best of the AR9 type PCCs.

My biggest fear after years of shooting MP5s and MPXs was that it would be too much like a true blowback. It is actually a very soft shooter and I would definitely recommend it if you have a bunch of Glock mags like me.

The only thing I want to do to it is to put in a better trigger. It has a pretty crappy mil spec trigger in it so I’d like to get a CMC or an Elfman 9mm specific trigger for it.

Is it better enough that you would sell a blowback PCC that you already had to purchase one? And is it good enough to justify the cost in relation to an mpx or an mp5 clone?

I'm intrigued by these, and I appreciate hearing the first hand experience. I currently have a 9mm AR and a Ruger PC carbine. They are both ok rifles, but I'm not in love with the blowback actions. I considered selling them both and springing for an MPX, but then I saw the Guard. It's pretty pricey for what it is, though...and it's hard to make a determination without trying it for myself. But it's pretty unlikely that I will encounter one locally.

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by gibby29:
quote:

Bart Noir

Is it better enough that you would sell a blowback PCC that you already had to purchase one? And is it good enough to justify the cost in relation to an mpx or an mp5 clone?

I'm intrigued by these, and I appreciate hearing the first hand experience. I currently have a 9mm AR and a Ruger PC carbine. They are both ok rifles, but I'm not in love with the blowback actions. I considered selling them both and springing for an MPX, but then I saw the Guard. It's pretty pricey for what it is, though...and it's hard to make a determination without trying it for myself. But it's pretty unlikely that I will encounter one locally.

I bought mine gently used for under $1000 with a brace and the factory cerakote. That’s the cost of a Scorpion carbine which everyone considers to be the benchmark in PCC pricing.

I want to like the Scorpion, they look cool and the aftermarket support is great but after years of shooting MP5s and MPXs, direct blowback just isn’t as fun.

With the Guard I would say it is a lot softer shooting than direct blowback but maybe not quite as soft as the MPX. Close enough that would be okay with getting rid of my MPX.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
the the Scorpion EVO with a binary trigger is the schizzel ...

isn't it also like nearly $500? That's a lot of schnitzel.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11004 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
the the Scorpion EVO with a binary trigger is the schizzel ...

isn't it also like nearly $500? That's a lot of schnitzel.

I really kinda cringed when I got my first one but I had some extra cash and decided to try it.
Then I put it in and shot it.

I got all but the first Franklin BSFIII from GunBroker, and all were about $100 under MSRP. The CZ was $430 shipped. I look at it as the price of a few premimum parts for an AR build or well used Glock. It's also a huge improvement over the stock trigger and when you flip the switch to Binary (or giggle) ... And you think of the price of the cheapest full auto, which is about $7,000, the price seems pretty reasonable.

If you have no interest in full otto, or even an incredibly fast double tap,
then a binary trigger probably isn't for you.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha no one tried a Lone Wolf PCC? Expensive, but I like the pis - never had one in my hands.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post