SIGforum
Putin shows off sniper skills firing Kalashnikov rifle

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/8670062744

September 20, 2018, 08:53 AM
RichardC
Putin shows off sniper skills firing Kalashnikov rifle
I will admit to being disappointed after opening the link.

I was hoping he was shooting one-handed, fighting off an attacking leopard with the other from the back of a Mongolian pony, riding downhill on Mt. Kilauea, leaping lava flows and wearing only a Donald Trump Speedo ( eye and ear pro of course).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/put...rifle-194706079.html

"Moscow (AFP) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday showed off his marksmanship by testing out a new Kalashnikov sniper rifle and hitting the target more than half the time.

Russian state television showed Putin in goggles and earphones crouching as he fired the silver rifle at the Kalashnikov company's shooting range outside Moscow."

Is that a white weapon light, or a long range, IR laser illuminator?

"Silver rifle" ?

September 20, 2018, 09:00 AM
Strambo
That's a good looking rifle. Charging handle on left side, AR style selector, M-lok rail. long continuous top rail.

Now I'm curious!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
September 20, 2018, 09:05 AM
RichardC
"Putin "shot five times and hit the target more than half the time" the television channel reported"

Big Grin

Can someone plug that data into the Columbia Difference Tabulator and give us an analysis?

September 20, 2018, 09:27 AM
Expert308
Russian army wearing multicam now?
September 20, 2018, 09:43 AM
fritz
"Rossiya 24 television reported, saying that Putin appeared to be pressing the trigger while holding his breath and between heartbeats as professional snipers are supposed to do."

Ha! This just proves that Russian press is just as frickin' clueless as American press on precision shooting techniques.
September 20, 2018, 09:56 AM
samnev
Hitting the target half the time is something I wouldn't be boasting about.
September 20, 2018, 10:33 AM
Blackmore
quote:
Originally posted by samnev:
Hitting the target half the time is something I wouldn't be boasting about.

When he was KGB it was one to the back of the head at close range.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
September 20, 2018, 11:13 AM
IndianaBoy
That bipod looks like an off the shelf Harris.....
September 20, 2018, 11:55 AM
Oat_Action_Man
At what point does one need to stop calling these rifles "Kalashnikov"? How far can you depart from the original design before it's not an AK, regardless of its designation?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
September 20, 2018, 01:43 PM
Il Cattivo
It's now a brand name and Kalashnikov Concern is the sole owner of the brand. You might as well say that a Winchester Model 70 isn't really a Winchester because it's a bolt action.

OTOH, I'm really impressed that they managed to invent a....Yugo M77 with a folding stock and left-side charging handle.
September 20, 2018, 08:43 PM
SigJacket
Is that a flashlight on a long distance rifle?

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844
September 20, 2018, 09:19 PM
gearhounds
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Is that a flashlight on a long distance rifle?

The Rooskies are such good operators that they can afford to give off some reflections to make it fair...

Btw, I guess the other guys hearing is too far gone to wear hearing protection?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
September 21, 2018, 12:18 AM
Il Cattivo
That's one of Putin's security guys. In the grand tradition of the tsars, he's both deaf and mute.
September 21, 2018, 07:43 AM
El Cid 92
Interesting …. hes wearing MSA Sordins. Looks like a Harris Bipod.

Guess they can't resist getting stuff that works from the West instead of developing their own.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.
September 21, 2018, 08:21 AM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
That's one of Putin's security guys. In the grand tradition of the tsars, he's both deaf and mute.

The rifle's suppressed and as Putin only hit the target half the time, perhaps it's so undercharged that the rounds fell short...
September 21, 2018, 08:46 AM
DJ_Boston
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

Is that a white weapon light, or a long range, IR laser illuminator?

"Silver rifle" ?

Silver is the new Black.

another thing for the irrational to fear.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar
September 21, 2018, 11:17 AM
Voshterkoff
Everyone needs a SCAR clone.
September 21, 2018, 11:44 AM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
"Putin "shot five times and hit the target more than half the time" the television channel reported"

Big Grin

Can someone plug that data into the Columbia Difference Tabulator and give us an analysis?

C'mon, give the guy a break. He was shooting in a 500 yard indoor range Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
September 21, 2018, 12:29 PM
ZSMICHAEL
North Korea's Kim would hit the target EVERY time with his eyes closed.
September 21, 2018, 12:30 PM
sourdough44
Yes, distance, size or target, and conditions would factor in whether 50% hits was a good thing.