SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger Semi Auto Rifles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Semi Auto Rifles Login/Join 
posted
Do you suppose that they ended up selling twice as many
Because
They often featured in The A Team
Tv show ?

Or
Did they sell half as many because the A Team almost never hit an intended target.

And , when those were sold were they sold as automatics ?
Or
Were they customized by the prop dept. ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did compound bow sales improve due to the Dukes of Hazard? The first time I shot full house 44 magnum loads was from a super blackhawk and it was not pleasant as a skinny little boy, but after after shooting a blackhawk in .357 I knew I wanted one. I also like pie and think that frozen fudge bars are better than cake.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
All I've ever heard is people were inspired to own Minis by the show, never the opposite.

quote:
And , when those were sold were they sold as automatics ?
Or
Were they customized by the prop dept. ?

Neither. They were actually regular Mini-14s in folding stocks (not AC556s as commonly believed), fired quickly in semi-auto mode, made to appear full-auto with editing and special effects.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d say they probably greatly increased sales of the folding stock model.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, show was before my time and I still want one of those folding stock minis just because they looked cool on tv.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold way more after the show. Just my guess. The theme music plays in my head every time I shoot and miss with my Mini.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^No, they weren’t missing. It was all precision suppressive fire. Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was super impressed how B.A. could cover a vehicle in sheet metal and make it bullet proof.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post