SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    "Marines Face Shortage of Rifle Optics for New Recruits at Boot Camp"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Marines Face Shortage of Rifle Optics for New Recruits at Boot Camp" Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Well this is a self imposed problem. USMC wants to wait for the new hotness, a new optic instead of buying more ACOGs.

Just like sticking with the F18A/C while waiting for the F-35.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, The Army and SOF were both working on the Squad Common optic or squad common fire control for a while. I'm wondering if it stalled.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
It would be interesting to see if these ACOGs are finding their way into DRMO. I also found it interesting that the Corps doesn't get much of a break in price from what the rest of us would have to pay. I bought a 31 when the Corps adopted them and paid about that. I cant imagine a variable being able to hold up to Grunt abuse. Like the saying goes you could put an Infantry Marine in a rubber room with a 2 pound rock and he will either lose it, break it or knock it up.

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like the saying goes you could put an Infantry Marine in a rubber room with a 2 pound rock and he will either lose it, break it or knock it up.
LMAO!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post