SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does anyone make a better full ambi AR-15 than LWRC under $2K? And Piston vs DI question...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone make a better full ambi AR-15 than LWRC under $2K? And Piston vs DI question... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One of my AR's is a LWRC DI. I really like it. Works fine suppressed with my SOCOM Mini.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
One of my AR's is a LWRC DI. I really like it. Works fine suppressed with my SOCOM Mini.

I have to agree with you!

Some of the best AR advice I heard was from a Gun Instructor friend of mine, Will Andrews in OKC. His point was that Piston AR's took away one of the best things about DI AR's and that is PARTS INTERCHANGEABILITY!

Good luck finding parts for your piston AR if SHTF.

I had an LWRC Piston gun. It was a fine weapon, but buying spare pistons and gas system parts was well, Just NO at the time I asked. On the other hand the DI gun you could buy just about whatever extra part you might need.

Specifically the LWRC DI gun is perhaps the best deal feature wise for the price of any AR I've bought. Just this week I bought a discounted Wilson Combat Protector instead of a LWRC for $100 less. The Wilson is an excellent rifle but it however doesn't have: A fluted lightweight barrel. Ambi safety, Or an Ambi bolt release. I just shot my Wilson for the first time today, I may grow on me but as far as features go the LWRC was a far better bargain as far as features go for the price even considering I got my Wilson 1/4 off retail.

I wouldn't buy another piston LWRC or LMT. I'd love another DI version of either brand (still own both).

Just my personal opinions but I have owned all of the above (No piston LMT's), Other perfectly valid opinions may be different.............dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

All very good rifles. All DI. If I could only have one it would be the LMT for its super easy barrel changes. The LWRC has the best Ergonomics. The Wilson might be the best OTB. Lol

……. I put Geissele triggers in the LMT and LWRC.

Lots of great AR’s out there…….

posted Hide Post
Sorry about the oversized pic. It’s been a while. Maybe a great forum brother will resize it for me.