SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Nightforce Scope Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nightforce Scope Help Login/Join 
I'm why SigForum can't
have nice things
Picture of Thayer
posted
I would appreciate some scope help as I did not feel 100% comfortable with the info I got calling Nightforce directly. I am helping a friend that wants to buy a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 first focal plain MOAR scope to go on his Savage 111 LRH .338 Lapua rifle. The rifle has a factory one peice picatinny rail (I think he said w/20 MOA) and want to mount it using a Nightforce Magmount (1 piece) 1.44 0 MOA 34mm A162.

Ok, all that being said, will he have enough adjustment to go out to 1200 yards or more?

Posts: 9817 | Location: Heart of the Ozarks  | Registered: June 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thayer:
I would appreciate some scope help as I did not feel 100% comfortable with the info I got calling Nightforce directly. I am helping a friend that wants to buy a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 first focal plain MOAR scope to go on his Savage 111 LRH .338 Lapua rifle. The rifle has a factory one peice picatinny rail (I think he said w/20 MOA) and want to mount it using a Nightforce Magmount (1 piece) 1.44 0 MOA 34mm A162.

Ok, all that being said, will he have enough adjustment to go out to 1200 yards or more?

Yes.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm why SigForum can't
have nice things
Picture of Thayer
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 9817 | Location: Heart of the Ozarks  | Registered: June 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a 20 MOA cant -- whether via the rail or the mount -- 1200 yards is no big deal.

I have the same scope with with a 20 MOA rail, shooting 6.5 Creedmoor with 140 grain factory ammo. I know that 338LM flies noticeably flatter than 6.5CM at distance. I have just enough elevation dialing capabilities to get to 1800 yards, without resorting to hold overs.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post